Filling in username correctly but also fills out Search field with username info

Options

My bank "https://www.citadelbanking.com" has 4 fields on the page. Username, Password (Left Frame) Site Search (Upper right of page) and Location search (bottom right of page) to find branch offices.

Thankfully this is happening with my username and not my password, but when I have 1P log in (fill out the form fields). It places the username in both the Username field as well as the branch location search field. It places nothing in the Site Search field (desired result for both Site Search and Branch Location fields).

The 1P configuration for logins, under Web form details has
user_id
password
forgot_password

user_id has my username
password has my password
forgot_password is empty.

I have "Submit" set to "Never Submit" to keep it from POSTing my username in the location search routine.

If I let 1P "Submit", two tabs open, one is my banking page and the other a location search page containing my username.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

-bh

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 540046
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your post, @bill_hamel. I'm sorry for the trouble. I see the same behavior you're seeing. It's definitely not good that 1Password is filling your username in the wrong field, but I want to reassure you that we only fill password fields from your items into fields in the page that we can definitely identify as password fields. We'll create a test for this page and see about getting it fixed up. Thanks for the report!

• bill_hamel
    bill_hamel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply. The troubling bit here is that not only a leak is a leak, but in this particular case, the username is made up of the account number and the last 4 of my social. Now, I'll agree in advance that his is a poor method on the bank's part, but it is what it is. Hence the 'troubling' part where I've been "POSTing" my account and last 4 of SS in a search engine before I caught this ... :/ None the less, please let me know what you come up with. 1P is a great product and I will continue to use it as I have for years.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @bill_hamel. I definitely understand the concern. I'll be sure to update you on this when we have a fix in place.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @bill_hamel. Just wanted to let you know I have been working on this and have a fix in place. It's on track to be in the next update to our form filling logic. It might not make it into the very next release but definitely by the release after that. Keep an eye out. :)

This discussion has been closed.