Chrome Extension breaks PayPal login form when filling

pulsar
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hey.

I've noticed that version 0.7.2 of the 1Password Chrome Extension breaks the PayPal login form you get when logging in to verify a transaction.

Since there is both a signup and a login form on that page, 1Password fills every single field with my e-mail address (my username).

Consequently, some Javascript validation mechanism prevents me from submitting the login, because the fields "postal code" and "phone number" appear to be invalid (e-mail address instead of numbers).

I do realize that this nuisance is partly PayPal's fault for not checking which form I want to submit (login vs. register), but it would help if 1Password used a more sensible algorithm to find out which fields to fill.

Best regards,
Lars

Comments

• gordon142
    gordon142
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Seconded. While I seem to remember that 1Password does this for Paypal in all browsers, it is only when using it with Chrome that it prevents me from submitting the form. Nothing happens when I hit the submit button after using 1Password.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks, folks. I'm sorry for this trouble. We look forward to providing more accurate form filling when using the Chrome extension.
This discussion has been closed.