I need to delete the "archive" in my family account. I added a bunch of personal items by accident

Options

I accidentally added a bunch of personal items to a shared vault, then deleted them, and now they are listed in our "archived items" so I would really like them deleted from there too if possible. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:archive

Comments

• I accidentally shared all of my personal passwords on a family account. I would love help undoing this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:account-key, kb:teams-families-migrate

• Also, I'm having trouble creating a shared vault between just two members of the same family license. Any info on that would be much appreciated!

• Jacob
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hey @sekharp! Archived items will be removed permanently after 30 days. It's not currently possible to remove them before that. As for sharing something between two family members, just sign in to your account at 1Password.com, then click your family name in the top right, click Vaults, and click the + button. Input some details for your vault, create it, then click Manage Access in its page and click the other member you want to add. Hope that helps! :)

Also, I merged your two posts from the Mac forum and Families one.

• Thanks for the info and merge penderworth! I'll just have to wait out the archiving issue then. For the other issue, unfortunately when I click the drop down I only see this - signed into my family account, there's no Vaults option to click. Is this because I'm not the primary holder of the account? Two of the non-primary members want to share passwords between each other. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

@sekharp,

Yes, you'd need to be an "organizer" in order to manage vaults in the Admin Console. The person who created the family can grant you this permission.

Thanks!

Ben

• perfect, glad to hear. thanks ben.

• another question - so I now have a legacy 1password license from 2010 (I think), and we have this family account. is there a way I could work out of the main personal account I used to have on all devices and have that sync to my personal vault in the family account? or should I just stop using that account and switch over to the family license

• Ben
    Options

@sekharp,

You can migrate the data from the old Primary vault (a local vault) to your new Personal vault that is part of the family. You can read about how to do that here:

(Mac) Migrate to a Family or Team account

Would that address your concern?

Ben

• I think so. So I'll just stop using the old Primary vault effectively. It sounds like the new webapp doesn't need dropbox to sync all the data between devices anymore I assume?

• Ben
    Options

Correct. :) 1Password for Families doesn't integrate/rely on Dropbox at all.

Ben

• Awesome. Thanks for all the info. That's all I need for now! I love the product and am excited about all the new features built out. This is especially helpful for my brother and I to manage our parents' accounts as they get older. I use 1Password all the time/everyday :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear the service is providing value to you. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.