i have only been able to sync my macbook pro retina running el capitan once with my samsung galaxy6

marcoedward862
marcoedward862
Community Member

i have only been able to sync my macbook pro retina running el capitan once with my samsung galaxy6 edge. It simply does not connect now. Both are on, both are using my home wifi. Please help, the syncing instructions do not help this problem.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: mac to android
Referrer: forum-search:i have only been able to sync my macbook pro retina running el capitan once with my samsung galaxy6

Comments

• Hey @marcoedward862. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'll be happy to help out here. :)

First things first, can you confirm that you're triggering sync by either swiping down from the top of the screen to refresh, or tapping Sync from the overflow menu? Wi-Fi sync doesn't happen automatically on Android, so it will need to be manually triggered before it initiates.

If you are doing that, can you let me know if you're seeing any error messages when trying to connect? Is 1Password on Android able to find the Mac on your network at all? If not, do you have any firewalls or antivirus software on either device?

• marcoedward862
    marcoedward862
    Community Member

Hi Peri, neither swiping down nor tapping sync helps. There are no error messages. 1Password does not find my mac on my wifi network. There is no antivirus and the firewalls allow 1password and 1password mini. Thank you, Mark

• Hi @marcoedward862. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• marcoedward862
    marcoedward862
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Diagnostics Reports sent 4.24.2016. Thanks, Mark

ref: YTC-53849-995

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@marcoedward862: Thanks! I see that Laura has already replied via email, so we can continue the conversation there. :)

ref: YTC-53849-995

This discussion has been closed.