I thought I had bought 1Password, but I have a message saying "Your trial is over".

Options
carolew
carolew
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for years.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I thought I had bought 1Password, but I have a message saying "Your trial is over".

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@carolew: Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information. But the good news is that all you need to do is register the app to remove the trial restrictions.

However, I don't see any 1Password 6 licenses under this email address. Did you perhaps use different information at the time of purchase? Alternatively, you may have purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store. In that case, we won't have any record of it, as it is owned and operated by Apple. But you can download it again from the App Store at any time since it is tied to your Apple ID. Just go to your purchase history and search for it.

If you're still having trouble finding it, please check your records, as you'll have an email receipt regardless of where it was purchased. It should also include transaction details that may help track it down. And then email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com so we can get you taken care of. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• carolew
    carolew
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

thanks for the prompt reply. I didn't buy it from the Apple App Store. I found my email receipt from 16 June 2010.

[personal information removed by moderator]

For some reason, the version I have on my computer was created on 12 April 2016. Perhaps I pressed the wrong thing in one of the emails re updates back in April.
    I have also purchased an iPad version, from the App Store of course. I don't know when that was, but it has all my logins in it synced from the one on my laptop, the oldest login was created in 2008!
    If I'm getting emails re updates, surely I must be registered.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@carolew: I'm sorry for the confusion! In fact, anyone can sign up for our email newsletter. And while your 1Password 3 license will never expire, it isn't valid for 1Password 6. That seems to be the reason you're on the trial. Again, if you've already purchased the upgrade, there's no need to pay for it again; but you will need to register the app with a license file valid for 1Password 6, as a 1Password 3 license won't work there.

Otherwise, given that 1Password 3 isn't supported on El Capitan anyway, you may want to consider upgrading. You can also get a discount from the AgileBits Store using your existing license:

https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

Otherwise you can continue using 1Password 3, albeit with some incompatibilities with Apple's latest OS. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• carolew
    carolew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I have updated. And, hopefully, registered!
    What about the iPad version. Is that registered? Will it sync with this version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@carolew: Great! 1Password for iOS on your iPad can sync with 1Password on your Mac.

1Password for iOS is actually a free app with an in-app purchase if you want the Pro Features. Either way, you can sync. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.