Do I need to buy a separate license if a client would like to share a vault with me through DropBox?

Options
Kelly_Farrell
Kelly_Farrell
Community Member

I am a virtual assistant trying to securely share passwords with a new client that uses 1 Password. I personally use LastPass and so do all of my other clients. My new client has had a very difficult time setting up a teams account for her to securely share some important logins with me that I will need access to in order to work with her. So she would now like to simply share a vault with me on Dropbox so that we can move forward with some more pressing issues.

1. Do I need to purchase my own 1 password license in order to share a vault with her through DropBox (instead of using teams)?
  2. If so, is it possible to have both 1 password and Lastpass applications installed on my MAC at the same time without any issues?

Thank you for your assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/quick-start, ug:mac/new-computer, kb:faq, kb:share-vault

Comments

• Hi Kelly,

1Password is licensed per user, so yes you would need a separate copy.

However, you may be able to get by with the free 30-day trial copy. After 30 days certain features such as edit are disabled, but if you only need 'read' access that might still work for you.

Do you know which step in the 1Password for Teams setup your client is having trouble with?

This discussion has been closed.