can't add license on mac?

Options
alle0409
alle0409
Community Member

I have 1password for iOS and it says I bought it. I have a license that was sent to my email too. When I try to add the license to the desktop version for Mac it opens a window to add a file. i tried to save the license in a text file but that didn't work.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alle0409,

I'm sorry for the confusion about your licenses, and thank you for reaching out to us for help here in the forums. I'll be glad to help you sort this out. :)

First, I'll mention that 1Password for iOS Pro Features are a separate purchase from the 1Password for Mac desktop app, so owning one does not automatically mean owning the other (they are priced quite differently).

I searched our sales records by the email address registered to your forum username, and I found a valid license for 1Password 3 for Mac, purchased in 2011. 1Password 4 and newer (including version 6 which you are using now) require a license file rather than a license key like version 3 used. You can enter your version 3 license key at our upgrade store here for an excellent discount on a current license that will work for 1Password 6 for Mac as well as 1Password for Windows.

However, if you have purchased 1Password 4 or newer from the Mac App Store, then you should be able to download it again for free from the Mac App Store's Purchased tab, provided you're using the same Apple ID as you did when you bought it.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

This discussion has been closed.