Need to take my account on another licence to a computer with an existing licence. How??

Options
DenK123
DenK123
Community Member

There is an overall company vault and a personal vault on my old computer. Would like to move to another computer which has the existing company vault and another employees vault. The 'new vault' option is greyed out.

How do I make this happen?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Need to take my account on another licence to a computer with an existing licence. How??

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DenK123,

It sounds like you set up 1Password on the new computer by connecting to your company's team account. There's an easy way to get your data on your new computer! You will need to turn on Personal Vaults to create a vault for yourself.

In 1Password, go to Preferences, and then click Advanced. Then click on "Enable Personal Vaults". This will let you create vaults and store them locally. They´ll be disconnected from the Team account. You can sync personal vaults through Dropbox or iCloud if you use 1Password in other devices. I hope this helps you settle down on your new computer! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.