Strange login behaviour after update

Options
ThomasPurchas
ThomasPurchas
Community Member

I just updated to 1Password 6.4 today, and when I launched the app I noticed the the TouchID icon had appeared.

I'm using an iPhone 5 so no touchID, and when I tapped the icon my phone paused for a moment, then asked for my PIN, rather than insisting on my master password.

Not sure if that's intentional, but it looked like 1Password might sometimes ignore PIN timeout.

Comments

• ThomasPurchas
    ThomasPurchas
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to 1Password 6.4 today, and when I launched the app I noticed the the TouchID icon had appeared.

I'm using an iPhone 5 so no touchID, and when I tapped the icon my phone paused for a moment, then asked for my PIN, rather than insisting on my master password.

Not sure if that's intentional, but it looked like 1Password might sometimes ignore PIN timeout.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ThomasPurchas,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. This was an intentional change:

You told us that having to enter your Master Password after a device reboot felt like getting all your powers stripped away right before the big boss fight at the end of the game. In version 6.4, after restarting your device, you will see a Touch ID button on the lock screen; tap it to immediately enable Touch ID. If you enjoyed the way things used to work, check out our new advanced security settings in Settings > Advanced > Security to tailor it to your own tastes.

Obviously if your device doesn't have Touch ID we can't enable it ;) but the PIN can be used instead. If you'd prefer the old behavior you can still select that option.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.