Early Adopter promotion missing? [Edit your subscription and select the Early Adopter plan]

Options
KevMinnis
KevMinnis
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Families

AgileBits Update: The Early Adopter promotion ended April 14. A credit card needed to be added to your account prior to that date in order to receive the promotional pricing. However, we have now made the Early Adopter plans available to everyone who created an account before April 14, even if you did not add a credit card by then.

1. From the Account menu, choose Billing.
  2. Click Edit Subscription.

You should be able to choose one of the Early Adopter plans displayed there.

If you signed up for your account prior to April 14, and are still having trouble, please email us at support@1password.com with a link to this thread https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/63459, and then post the support ID you received via email here, so we can follow up with you via email. :)

Hi,

I signed up on March 6th and have just added payment details as required, however my Billing page doesn't show my bonus additional team members or storage. Even more concerning is that I don't have an "Earl" badge!!!

I have however received the "Quests" bonus.

Can you check please??

Thx.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RobertEwing
    RobertEwing
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here - no sign of Earl.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RobertEwing, @KevMinnis: Sorry for the confusion! Our friend Earl has packed up his early adopter bonus and retired to the wilds of Canada. This was only for a limited time, and given to those intrepid souls who signed up and setup billing by April 14th. From the "1Password News & Updates" email from earlier this month:

Billing Is Here!

We have taken the wraps off our brand new Billing page! If you have a Family account you can add your credit card and lock in your early adopter bonuses.

To receive your $10 discount, go to your Billing page and click Add a Credit Card.

After adding your credit card you will earn a very special badge named Earl! Earl is our Early Adopter Otter and those who earn this badge receive twice the storage and can have up to 7 Family members instead of 5.

The coolest thing about Earl is he and his bonuses stay with your account for as long as you are subscribed!

However, if you signed up and setup your billing before the promotion ended to lock in the early adopter bonus, be sure to shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can get you taken care of. Cheers! :)

• scp1967
    scp1967
    Community Member
    Options

The April 7 email has no reference to it ending on April 14. I signed up on March 20, and just got around to setting up the billing today, and no Earl or Early Adopter bonus. NOT FAIR! You should have included the deadline in the April 7 email. Now I'm considering canceling my order if this is how AgileBits operates.

• rjernst
    rjernst
    Community Member
    Options

I also signed up before the April 14th deadline. The email said absolutely nothing about setting up billing by that date. It only stipulated creating an account. This is sneaky as I would have expected to ask me for billing details, and just now noticed that I had no billing.

• Jacob
    Options

@scp1967 @rjernst On 14 April, you should have seen a "1Password Account Frozen" message asking you to add your billing details to continue using things on 1Password.com. Dave did mention the end date in the two newsletters before that one. The Early Adopter bonus was originally supposed to be until 21 March, but we extended it. I'm sorry you weren't able to hop on board before the promotion ended.

• KevMinnis
    KevMinnis
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth @brenty The early adopter bonus may well have been originally available until 21st March, however Billing was still not available at that time, so to suggest it was an actual 'extension' is disingenuous. It simply wasn't ready.

As others have stated, Daves email announcing we could add our Billing details makes no mention of having to do so by the 14th, not that it would have helped my particular situation anyway.

I have emailed Support (on Sunday) stating my case and I am still awaiting a reply.

Can you please check and come back to me please.

Many thanks.

• Ben
    Options

I'm sorry Dave's email was not more explicit, but in his April 7th email he did state:

After adding your credit card you will earn a very special badge named Earl!

(emphasis mine)

And we had previously announced that the promotion was ending on April 14th.

If anyone has what they feel are extenuating circumstances please drop us an email to support@1password.com with a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/63459 ), and then post your support ID here. I can't make any promises, but I'll make sure the appropriate folks are aware.

@KevMinnis Please post the support ID you should've received from BitBot here. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• KevMinnis
    KevMinnis
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff - BitBot #YHR-51211-234

Thx.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks, @KevMinnis. I see Dave had already replied yesterday, but I've flagged the ticket for follow up. We'll be back to you via email ASAP.

Ben

ref: CKB-91161-186

• Jefwellens
    Jefwellens
    Community Member
    Options

After signing up for a Family account on march 19th I never received any email containing info about the need to add billing details before any specified date.
    We are a 7 person family (5 kids + wife and me) and feel truly sad about the fact that we are not allowed to make use of the 7-member family promo.

Is there any way to fix this?

BitBot #DCP-32131-588

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the note, @Jefwellens. We've received your email and will respond there ASAP.

Ben

ref: DCP-32131-588

• KevMinnis
    KevMinnis
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff I have replied to you via Support.

• Ben
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.