can not enter the software

Options
benxie
benxie
Community Member

frist i installl one password on my iphone, use it well. so i buy the mac version. but when i frist using it, it give me noyhing guide just let me input master password, i am sure i remember it. it works on my phone, but it just said i am wrong on the mac and refuse me in.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @benxie,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password. We’d be happy to help you get everything sorted out, but first we’ll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?
    • When you set up 1Password on your Mac, did you link it to your existing vault (from iOS) or did you set it up as a new user and create a Master Password?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• benxie
    benxie
    Community Member
    Options

1 password 6 on my mac system( os x yosemite )version numbr is 6.2.1
    on my iphone (6 plus 9.3.1) is 6.4
    i use icloud to sync
    when i first setup on the mac i installed a 1password4 (this is a trial version,didnt buy it)and set up a new user.
    after a day of using this app on my iphone, find it nice so bought a license 1 password 6. update the 1password 4. then i fail to enter the software on mac. iphone is ok. i didn't create any new user after i updated the versiin from 4 to 6.

• Hi Benxie,

Since you previously had the 1Password 4 trial installed on your Mac, the new 1Password 6 install is reading your old data and asking for you old password.

Follow these steps to start from a clean state on your Mac, and then you should be able to sync your 1Password data with your phone without any problems.

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/mac.html

This discussion has been closed.