Mini not finding any entries on search on iPad air 2. They do exist in 1PW app...

Options

When I use the mini browser (?) on my iPad in Safari to fill in a password on a website I know I have a password for, it doesn't automatically come up, and when I put the name in the search field it finds nothing. Search is apparently not working...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOs 9.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:Mini not finding passwords, kb:report-website

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @jteaser,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in and for using the 1Password extension. :+1:

The iOS extension will only show you the matching logins for the current website in Safari and will not allow you to search among all of your 1Password logins like 1Password mini for the Mac does. This is the expected behaviour in the iOS extension as iOS extensions can not open URLs like 1Password mini does in the case of the Go & Fill feature.

Now, my question is: Can you see the matching Login in the 1Password extension on your iPad, if you go in Safari to the website in question, then call the 1Password extension?

Please let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

• jteaser
    jteaser
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rad,
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.
    Sometimes the login shows up, but often it doesn't. And then when I put in the appropriate search term, it still comes up blank. So I go to the one PW App, to make sure it's there, and it is.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jteaser,

I see in your original message you said you sync using Dropbox. Do you use 1Password for Mac at all?

What I'd like to know is:

1. Can an item you're having trouble with be seen from inside the main 1Password for Mac window?
    2. If you visit the login page for the site from a browser on your Mac and you click the 1Password Browser Extension icon, does 1Password offer you the Login item here?
    3. If you search for the Login item using the name you gave it from inside 1Password mini (that's what pops up when you click on the 1Password Browser Extension icon), can you find it that way?

If the answers to those are yes, no & no what I would like to you to is edit the item from inside the main 1Password window. When you do this two new options will appear. One is titled display and the default setting is Always. If it is showing Never display in browser we may have found the cause.

If it's something else the answers to these questions should help.

• jteaser
    jteaser
    Community Member
    Options

Belated answer. Yes. Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, @jteaser. I'm glad that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or issues!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.