I need to obliterate my original iCould data as I can't recall the original Master password

Options
David_Loppe
David_Loppe
Community Member

I originally bought 1Password quite a while ago and set up some test data (including iCloud syncing) at the time just to get a feel for it. Came back to it weeks later, upgraded to Pro, then tried to set it up for real. To my dismay, when I tried to do a quick iCloud sync, it said it already found existing data in iCloud and would merge it with my vault but needed the (old) Master Password to do so. Since I had forgotten the old Master Password and had only set up test data anyway, I had deleted the app from my iPad/iPhone, and then re-loaded from the app store in order to start all over again (with a new Master Password, which I had now written down and saved); but deleting the app left the iCloud data intact. So, I need some way to obliterate the old iCloud data or i can't use iCloud syncing, which makes this useless to me. I can't see any way to delete the data in iCloud itself, as 1Password does not show up in the iCloud list of apps (in Settings). I just want to start over, without recovering any data, but I can't see any way to do so.

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How to get rid of iCloud data?

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @David_Loppe

Sorry about that! It's an easy fix though.

• Open 1Password (either sync differently, like with Dropbox or Wifi, or create a new empty vault)
    • Goto Settings > Advanced > Erase iCloud Data

That should get the data in iCloud deleted and you're off to the races to sync to it again with a fresh database.

• David_Loppe
    David_Loppe
    Community Member
    Options

I must be missing something. I opened 1Password and synced via DropBox. However, when I go into Settings (I assume in 1Password), I can't see anything that says "Advanced". If I go into Settings in the iOS Settings app, in 1Password settings, there's only an option to Turn Background App Refresh on or off

• David_Loppe
    David_Loppe
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, too dumb to scroll down until the "Advanced" button shows up. the erase seems to have worked. Please disregard last request.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@David_Loppe

That'll do it :) No worries, I should have included instructions to scroll down. Very sorry about that!

Glad you have things working now though! Let me know if I can do anything else to assist, if not, have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.