Browser extension hangs half-open when unlocked

Options
BarryBurek
BarryBurek
Community Member

My browser extension takes at least 10 seconds to open when I input the password. When it finally unlocks, the window it opens is half open, and hangs there for the same time. If I click out of the window it disappears, and when I click back on the extension in the toolbar it opens normally. The window also hangs there half opened even when I move the focus to another application. These screenshots are from Chrome Version 50.0.2661.94 (64-bit) on the right, and when I moved the focus to Opera (left screenshot).

1Password Version: 6.21
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BarryBurek,

I'm sorry you're having a strange problem when trying to unlock the 1Password extension / 1Password mini. Thank you for the screenshots, they're very helpful!

From your description of the delay that happens after entering your master password, this sounds somewhat similar to a known issue that our developers have been working on. If so, it might help to restart 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

After you do that, try unlocking it from the extension/mini again. Does the same problem happen, or does it work correctly this time?

• BarryBurek
    BarryBurek
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Drew, the restart of 1Password mini seems to have solved this problem!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great, I'm glad to hear that helped, @BarryBurek!

If this problem was part of the known issue I mentioned in my last message, it might start again, although it may take several days (or maybe even weeks) before happening. If it does, restarting mini should help again. Our developers are looking into this and hope to solve it as soon as they can. I apologize for the inconvenience!

If you need anything else, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.