1P gets in state where user cannot view item details

Options
odysseus
odysseus
Community Member

I had 1P running in the background for quite some time, and when I switched to it, I found that clicking on an item (any item) did not display the item's details. I've made a video of the problem. Locking 1P and reopening fixed it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxa77i2wris5154/no_details.mov?dl=0

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @odysseus,

Sorry that you're experiencing this issue.

Was it only one time or many times that this has happened to you?

Can you tell me if quitting the main app (go to 1Password > Quit) and then re-opening it will fix the issue?

Are you getting any particular error that it can't connect to the 1Password mini? I would wonder if somehow the mini was not running or was otherwise hung up. Did it appear in the menu bar?

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    Options

This is the only time. Since locking and unlocking 1P was a workaround, I think quitting and reopening it would also fix the problem. I did not see any particular error. I always keep 1P mini running, but I don't have it appear in the menu bar.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Oh I see,

Sometimes the connection between the main app and the mini app can be severed for some reasons.

If you want to do it now, or if it keeps happening for you, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

[removed]

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sending the Diagnostics Report. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

ref: GWT-75543-364

This discussion has been closed.