OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Master password failing on my iMac but working in IOS

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RonaldAcheson! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums -- let's see if we can get this issue taken care of.

We recently had another thread about this very topic. That poster found that switching the keyboard input on his Mac from English (US) to English (British) did the trick. If that's not the case for you, I recommend backing up your data and then following this guide to starting over. That should give you a clean slate and, when you sync with your iPhone, allow you to access all of your 1Password data. Please let me know if that helps to resolve the problem!

• RonaldAcheson
    RonaldAcheson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice. I had failed to notice that the Keyboard had been reset to the USA version, and changing back to the UK version solved my problem. But at least I have now a fresh backup!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RonaldAcheson,

On behalf of @nmott, you're very welcome! As someone who changes the keyboard layout on a regular basis, I know how confusing it can be. Thank you for letting us know that this worked for you. If there's anything else we can do for you we're always here to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.