Remove Redundant Primary Vault in iOS (I use 1P for families)

Options
MortalWombatUK
MortalWombatUK
Community Member

The latest iOS release states:

"If you use 1Password exclusively with a 1Password account (Families or Teams), we have a nice little improvement for you in this version: Setting up 1Password for the first time with a 1Password account no longer creates an empty “Primary” vault. You will only see your account vaults."

Am I OK to delete the App from my iOS device, then re-install, in order to do a "first time setup" to remove the redundant Primary vault that still lingers in my iOS 1Password?

Any risks in doing this? Any other steps required in order for this to work?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

1Password Version: 6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.3.1
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member
    Options

OK,

I have answered my own question. I took the plunge and deleted the app, re-installed it and now have a nice clean "1Password for Families Only" set up on my iPhone.

Mark

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MortalWombatUK, thanks for letting us know how it went! For anyone else curious about doing something similar, it would be a good idea to make sure you migrate the data from your existing vault to 1Password Families first. Then you can go through the steps that Mark described to have a 1Password Families-only view through the 1Password for iPhone app. ;)

• ghorton
    ghorton
    Community Member
    Options

is the same possible for the native Mac app too? (removing the primary vault?)

• Ben
    Options

@ghorton,

It is, but it isn't as simple as uninstalling/re-installing the app as it possible with iOS.

(Mac) How do I start over with an empty vault?

We hope to make improvements in the future to make this process easier / more seamless.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.