Switching from a family account

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Families need a Windows solution.

Comments

• guille_0331
    guille_0331
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi,

I'd like to go back to the 1password for windows from families, for many reasons as other users have said before on this thread. Which one is the easiest way to do it?

BTW, for me and my parents (me: 2windows, 1iOS/mother: 2windows, 1Android/Father:2windows, 1Android), how many licenses should be purchased? Am I right by guessing it is only one?

Greetings

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @guille_0331,

Thanks for trying 1Password Families! We appreciate you giving it a shot. I split your post from that other thread so we could give you more personalized assistance. I hope you don't mind. :)

If you have an active 1Password Families subscription, you and everyone who is part of your family account get all the apps on all platforms (including Pro features on mobile devices) for free.

Otherwise, you would each need to purchase a desktop license to use 1Password for Mac and Windows. In your case, that would be a license for yourself, your mother, and your father. The iOS and Android apps are free, but if you want the Pro features without an active family account, you would each need to buy them as one-time, in-app purchases on iOS and/or Android.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to provide further assistance.

Cheers!

• guille_0331
    guille_0331
    Community Member
    Options

So I need 1 or 3 licenses?

We all are okay with the standard features on android and iOS so that is not a problem.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

@guille_0331,

3 licenses. Each person needs a license of their own. From the pricing page:

• guille_0331
    guille_0331
    Community Member
    Options

Someone earlier this year told me we would work fine with only one license if we live on the same house...

Anyway, I still don't know how to switch back to a normal account from a families account. Could you please help me on that?

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

Copy your Family entries back to your local vaults and remove the Families login from the app

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@guille_0331,

Someone earlier this year told me we would work fine with only one license if we live on the same house...

Sorry for any confusion. That was true before 1Password Families debuted. If you do not want the 1Password Families subscription, there is now just a single license that covers both Mac and Windows, and it is for a single person.

Anyway, I still don't know how to switch back to a normal account from a families account. Could you please help me on that?

If you have items in your family vault(s), you can move or copy them back to your Primary vault in the same way you moved/copied them into the family vault(s) in the first place.

Do you still have your local vault from before you were using 1Password Families?

You mentioned that you are using 1Password on Windows and iOS. Do you have all your data in your family vault(s) available to you on both Windows and iOS?

And, to double-check, that would mean you are using the 1Password for Windows 10 app. Is that the case?

• guille_0331
    guille_0331
    Community Member
    Options

So from now on until the families version get an update, those families who work on windows have very few chances to use 1password...?

You'll agree that the W10 beta and the online web is not really what you want on a daily use.

I think you should go back to the shared licence for a family at least on windows version, until the 1pswd familes is fully functional, as it is on Mac version.

I know you guys are doing your best but we need something to work on... For the moment I think 1Password is not an option for us anymore.

And btw, all my items were on the app/web, so no vaults saved anywhere, only old ones with missing items.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@guille_0331,

I completely understand.

I think you should go back to the shared licence for a family at least on windows version, until the 1pswd familes is fully functional, as it is on Mac version.

I am passing your feedback along to the team here. If there is anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.