I wanted to switch from MAC APP Store ed. to 1P6 but missed the right answer at the first opening.

Options
supertopix
supertopix
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

Hi, I followed the instructions on the website, very clear, but I did the wrong choice when I had to chose between "icloud1Password4" and "MacAppStore". I had to chose the second, but unfortunately I did it wrong :-(
How can I "restore" 1 Password 6" as it was the first opening, in order to get my right data and complete my switch? Is there any cache/library to delete?
Thank you and best regards. Fabrizio

1Password Version: 6.2.1 Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:switch-from-mac-app-store

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @supertopix,

Thanks for contacting us for help with that! Sorry to hear you chose the wrong option, but we can definitely help you get things back on track.

If you'd like to start over with the AgileBits Store version of 1Password 6, you can follow the steps in this knowledgebase article: How do I start over with an empty vault?

When following those steps, make sure you only remove the files listed in the section called "If you downloaded 1Password from our website" (do not remove the files listed for the Mac App Store version, as it sounds like that's where your data currently lives).

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

• supertopix
    supertopix
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thank you very much! It was really helpful :-)

• Jacob
    Options

@supertopix On behalf of Drew, you're welcome. Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.