How to open 1password file from Windows on my Mac

Options
ApoNono
ApoNono
Community Member

I have a problem :)
I was using 1password on my work laptop with its own vault. That machine had a hard drive failure and they company replaced it with a mac. How can I open that vault with 1password on my mac?

1Password Version: 6.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ApoNono
    ApoNono
    Community Member
    Options

To add more details - I do not have access to a windows machine that I can download 1password on, open the vault, and export the data with. I am currently stuck with a mac and a windows file that I need to be able to access.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @ApoNono,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you tell me the name of the file that you have? 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault or something else? (It will likely show up on Windows as a folder and on your Mac as a file.)

Presuming you have 1Password installed on your Mac, you should be able to simply double-click the file.

• ApoNono
    ApoNono
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay it was a 1password.agilekeychain file. I tried again today to double-click it and it worked. Thanks for the response. :)

• Jacob
    Options

Glad to hear you're up and running @ApoNono! Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.