I'm having trouble getting my personal logins to transfer to my new team account.

KimCole
KimCole
Community Member

Hi there, I am try to switch from an old personal account to a team account. I am also trying to switch from a PC to a Mac. I thought I had everything synced in all the right places, but when I went to use the plug in it wasn't working. It seems that when I transfer the old files they are not bringing over the URL on my Mac using the Chrome extension.

On my PC they appear to be coming over in the One Password program, but the Chrome extension will not work. It keeps saying it is looking for the helper, but I can't seem to figure out what that is or how to get it.

I confess, I'm quite frustrated. Every time I have to upgrade or change something with One Password it is a huge ordeal. It is a great product, but not super easy to use or change.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/using-a-saved-login, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:contact-us, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hey @KimCole! Sorry for the trouble moving things over. It's strange that your data isn't showing up in the Chrome extension on your Mac. On Windows, the issue is a bit different: 1Password Teams is not supported by the browser extensions yet. We're working on adding that capability. In the meantime, we recommend using our Windows 10 app if you have that version of Windows. Otherwise, you can access your account from 1Password.com, but filling is not supported.

So let's troubleshoot what's happening on your Mac, at least. It looks like you viewed our migration guide. Did you get everything moved over nicely? You can check by signing in to your account at 1Password.com and looking for your passwords there. If they weren't moved over, try following the steps in that guide one more time.

I'm really sorry your experiences upgrading or changing things with 1Password haven't been very good in the past. Hopefully we can get things moving along quickly so you don't have to worry about them in the future. :)

• KimCole
    KimCole
    Community Member

Thank you so much for your response. And sorry if I was a bit short. My nerves were fried after trying over and over again. Just a though, have you guys ever considered adding live customer service chat? I feel like that might be super helpful for the less "techy" among us. :)

I finally figured out how to get it done. I basically had to export my logins to dropbox as a 1pIF from my PC and then import them on my Mac. Whew! I can't remember all the steps, but I got some ideas from the user manual/help files your site. Thanks again, and I really do love using one password when I'm not trying to update it. :)

• @KimCole It's all good. :) We have considered live chat, but it's not something we can add at the moment. We're a small team and our resources are limited. Adding live chat would mean we can't help out the folks who are currently waiting for an email and forum response. We'll always have it in mind for the future, but right now we just can't do it.

I'm glad to hear you got things worked out! Please do let us know if you have any other issues. Enjoy your 1Password team!

This discussion has been closed.