I am seeing a bug when I move a login to another vault

beninato
beninato
Community Member

In the Mac client, I wanted to move a username/password login from my personal vault to a shared vault. I right-clicked on the item in question, and then went to "Share" and "move". The vault for the item does not appear to change and yet when I switch vaults it is there. Seems like it is not being refreshed on the item itself. Also, there seems to be a second bug in the list of possible destinations for a share. Sometimes the vault I share with my wife is there and sometimes it is not. For the same item! I'm happy to discuss further by phone if that would help. I don't want to post my personal details here on the forum.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I'm seeing a bug when moving an item to another vault

Comments

• Jacob
    edited May 2016

Hey @beninato! Thanks for reporting this. I haven't seen it before, so let's investigate. :glasses: You mentioned you're syncing with iCloud. You can only sync one vault using iCloud, so are the other vaults from 1Password Families/1Password for Teams, or are you storing them locally? You mentioned sharing with your wife but I just want to make sure we're on the same track so we can figure out what's happening. :)

• beninato
    beninato
    Community Member

I'm happy to discuss further and provide screenshots but I don't want all of my info viewable publicly. How do we do that? I am definitely not a fan of your support mechanisms so far. Forums are the wrong answer in many situations.

• @beninato No problem. Send us an email at support@1password.com and we can keep the conversation going there.

I am definitely not a fan of your support mechanisms so far. Forums are the wrong answer in many situations.

Actually, the forum works very well in many situations. 1Password users can find answers to their questions without having to get in touch with us, just by using Google and our knowledge base search. If you prefer email, we don't hide our address. It's all over 1Password.com and our support website. We encourage the forums because there are many members running around who may be able to help you faster. It's okay that it doesn't work for you — we don't expect everyone to use it. :)

• beninato
    beninato
    Community Member

Agree to disagree. It's certainly less expensive to conduct support this way, but that doesn't mean it's the best experience for users. Plus you steer people to the forums by hinting I may not hear back for a while if I email. It's been 3 days and the bugs still aren't addressed and now I need to start over on email. Bad for you in that you may not be aware of the bugs yet, and bad for me in that the bugs aren't fixed and I have to expend a lot of energy to take screenshots and explain back and forth. I'll try to find time tomorrow but might just skip it due to the hassle. I always worry when a company makes it hard to try to help them improve their product.

• beninato
    beninato
    Community Member

And in 2 minutes on the phone or via video chat, I could show the bug to you. Instead, I can waste 15 minutes gathering various screenshots and composing an email, only to have to answer follow up questions when something inevitably is unclear. Which would be most efficient for your paying customer and for you? Phone or video chat. Not forums for sure.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@beninato I'm sorry that the support system is not to your liking. We do our best to ensure that all our customers get the best support we can offer, and using the forums allows us to do that in a transparent, communal way that lets us interact with many people at the same time. Using phone or video chat might be easier in some cases, and some people might prefer it, but it doesn't scale very well.

In any case, I hope that we're able to resolve this issue for you soon! :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@beninato,

You can record a screencast video of what you would have shown in a video chat and just email [a link to] that to us at the address Penderworth provided above: support@1password.com

That way you don't have to try to coordinate your schedule with ours for a video chat. You can record and send it when it is convenient for you, and we will reply as soon as possible. :+1:

• beninato
    beninato
    Community Member

I am sorry I don't have 30 minutes to spend researching screencast software, downloading, getting it installed, figuring out how to use it, and recording it for you. I'll reiterate my offer: if someone wants to get on a phone call or video chat so you can solve these for your customers, I'd be happy to invest the time. Otherwise, I'll just live with the bugs as will others who will no doubt see the same issues (I tried it on another machine and account and it's there also).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@beninato,

Your Mac comes with QuickTime Player. Open QuickTime Player, and you can record your screen by choosing File > New Screen Recording. I think that is much easier than downloading a separate app for video chat and scheduling a video chat, but if you don't wish to record the video and send it, that's okay. It is up to you. We are here if you change your mind, though. :)

For what it's worth, I've been trying to reproduce what you described in your initial post, but I have not been able to reproduce it. Two other folks here were also unable to reproduce it. Without a video or some more details, I'm not sure how we can get it solved. Perhaps someone else will see this thread (since it is indexed by Google after all) and help us understand the issue more clearly.

This discussion has been closed.