Are servers down? I can't access my family account

Options
alvaro87
alvaro87
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

Hello,

When I try to go to my 1PF website: http://xxxxxxx.1password.com, the page does not load. I have tried using Safari (my default browser and Firefox):

It's late here in Spain so maybe this will be solved tomorrow morning but I just wanted to know if there is something wrong because 1P's status page shows nothing wrong but I can't access my data on the web.

And... this is funny: despite I can't access the website, any change I make is perfectly and instantly synced between my devices.

Regards.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried using my iPhone and I can enter my 1PF website. Maybe the issue is solved now. I'll check tomorrow in my computers.

Regards.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alvaro87,

It doesn't appear to be an issue elsewhere. If you have the problem again, try tethering to your phone and using the cellular network instead of the wireless network. Or just try using the cellular network on your phone. That will help narrow it down.

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I'll try it later today if I continue having problems.

Thanks.

By they way, my devices, who hock synced perfectly, were connected to the same wifi network.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@alvaro87 I had Kaspersky installed and it caused this issue for me maybe you could try disabling your antivirus and then re launching your browser to try to open the page again.

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

@ntimo

I had Kaspersky installed and it caused this issue for me maybe you could try disabling your antivirus and then re launching your browser to try to open the page again.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac installed (latest version: 16). I will try disabling it when I get home after job because it's true it has been given me problems with my internet connection but not only with one page (asi it's been the case) but with any.

Here at the office we have Kaspersky too (Windows) and I can perfectly connect to 1PF website.

Why is Kaspersky so, so disappointing in Mac? This same kind of issue happened in previous version and they haven't still fixed it (maybe they don't know how to...). And its support service...

Anyway, I'll check later at home.

Thanks, ntimo.

• Ben
    Options

Alvaro87,

Why is Kaspersky so, so disappointing in Mac?

I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole. ;) Perhaps a question for the Kaspersky team? :)

Ben

• mckenzie
    mckenzie
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem... Appears I can't access my family account. I simply get a blank page when trying to view it.

Chrome debugger gives me "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable: Back-end server is at capacity).

Looks like your servers are totally toast at the moment?

• Ben
    Options

@mckenzie,

Everything is operational on our end:

1Password for Teams Status

Have you tried a different computer / different network?

Ben

• mckenzie
    mckenzie
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff,

Yes. I've tried two different computers. Even had a coworker try his own family account. I then tried it on my phone as well via the web interface. All 3 attempts failed with the exact same error and results.

• Ben
    Options

@mckenzie,

Are all of those attempts from the same ISP? There could be an issue between the ISP and Amazon AWS (where we host 1Password). I just logged into my 1Password Families account from both my Mac on my home ISP as well as from my iPad over Verizon LTE without difficulties.

Ben

• mckenzie
    mckenzie
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff,

After your response, I tried it on my my phone once more (verifying that it wasn't connected to Wifi), and it worked. Went back to my account on my computer that was failing with the aforementioned error, and it worked.

So, it doesn't seem as though it were necessarily an issue between the ISP and AWS, but rather possibly an overload of your AWS servers temporarily. (Hopefully not a DoS issue......) It is happily working now (refreshed a few times to confirm). But it might be worth checking out the health of your servers!

• Ben
    Options

I don't see any load spikes on our end (you can see as well at the page I linked above). Glad to hear it is now working for you! Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

• mckenzie
    mckenzie
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff,

In looking at that link you sent, I see a bit of suspicious-ness on the graphs. It was down and non-functional for me from about 8:55am - 9:10am CST. On the graphs on your statuspage.io page, you can see that for the "Sign-up Page Uptime", there's a drop from 100% uptime to 0% around that time. And in the "Sign-in Page Load Time", and "Avg Request Processing Time", there's a suspicious blank gap in the graph right at that time.

I suspect that's related to the server being down and completely unavailable and non-responsive for a few minutes.

Thoughts?

• Ben
    Options

Interesting. I wasn't seeing that in the graph earlier, but I do see it now. Yes, I suspect you are correct! Thanks for the follow up. :)

Ben

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@bwoodruff

I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole. ;) Perhaps a question for the Kaspersky team? :)

The Kaspersky teams is not as effective on this issue as anyone could expect.

Anyway, I'm back home from work and, leaving Kaspersky protection enabled, I could access 1PF web.

Regards.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.