How does one add devices?

Options
waldhaus1
waldhaus1
Community Member

The link to the movie seems to have disappeared.
I have added 1 Mac, but would like to add another plus 2 iOS devices.
When I login to the web site (which I had to do from the email)
my account comes up showing the vaults, but there is no option to add more devices.
I would rather scan the QR code which came up when I had logged in to the web site earlier, but now that choice has disappeared.
So far this has not been a pleasant process.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

I finally found the intro movie again, but it doesn't talk about adding iOS devices.
    It does say to display the QR code go to apps in upper right - something that doesn't exist.
    I finally found that if I click on conquered quests I can get back to the app menu which will display the QR code.
    It is true I could have used the QR code from the rescue kit, but it seemed that shouldn't be necessary.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @waldhaus1,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble setting up your Family account. Thank you for your feedback about the process.

To find your QR code, sing into 1Password.com. On the upper right corner, click on the name of your Family. This will show a menu, the QR code can be found in "Get the apps".

To add your iOS device go to Settings in 1Password and then tap on the first option "1Password Accounts". Tap on "Add Account" and then "Scan QR Code".

Please let us know if you have any more questions or there's anything else we can help you with :chuffed:

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

That does work.
    I find "get the apps" to not be an intuitive heading for QR codes.
    In the FAQ's where it talks about QR codes a more specific instruction such as yours above would have been helpful.\
    thanks for your time.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@waldhaus1 on behalf of @Pilar, you're welcome! I'm glad we were able to help, and we'll take the suggestion about making this clearer under advisement :)

This discussion has been closed.