Is there any upgrade pricing for migrating from single-user license to family subscription?

Options
kipshaw
kipshaw
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

I have a single-person license [personal info removed]. Would there be any credit applied if I migrate to a family subscription?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @kipshaw,

I'm glad to hear about your interest in 1Password Families! One nice option to keep in mind is that if you decide to pay yearly instead of monthly then it's $4 a month instead :chuffed:

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

• kipshaw
    kipshaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar -

Thanks for getting back to me and answering my question. But I must say that I'm surprised by the answer. I can't recall a situation where a company didn't offer current customers an upgrade/discount path that benefitted a loyal customer/stakeholder. We early adopters, in a sense, invested in AgileBits, giving you the capital to grow your business. Why we should pay more for a family subscription (single-person license + family sub) than a new customer doesn't make sense and does not foster good will.

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member
    Options

@kipshaw

Oh! That sounds very unfair for new customers like me. I've been using 1P less than a year and subscribed to 1P Families when it was released and got the early adopter perks.

Why shouldn't have I have a discount? When does a new user become an "old" and loyal one? Why should you get a discount if you "weren't there" when 1P Families was born? 1P Familes is not 1Password. They share a lot of things but they are different types of product/services.

No compaines have to offer discounts just because you have been using their software for years. Indeed, I've always thought renewal prices are discounted because many users wouldn't buy the new version as the one they have perfectly fits their needs. Even when developers don't support those old versions anymore.

I completely agree with the fact that you have supported and helped AgileBits to become the company it is today but that not makes you better or with more rights than a new costumer.

Of course, we all love discounts :blush:

But I don't expect them in this kind of situations.

And please, tell me what companies give you discounts when buying/subscribing new products/services because maybe I'm unlucky and have never met none.

I've been using Kasperspy Internet Security for years and, if I wanted to upgrade to Kaspersky Total Security (which is the same as KIS but with a couple of more features included), I should pay the full price. And that's fine for me. The same with Office 365...

To sum up, I think AgileBits will always have discounted prices for renewals you can take advantage of. But 1Password Families is something new. If early adopters like me got 2 free months? How many should you have got?

There was a chance to get a discount. And sometimes we lose them.

But that's life!

Sorry for writing such a long comment but I just wanted to share my thoughts about this "I want a discount because I'm very loyal to you (more than new users)" thing.

Regards.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2016
    Options

As Pilar mentioned there is a less expensive way to get 1Password Families, and that is to subscribe to the annual plan. We don't currently offer any discounts on 1Password Families that are exclusive to a certain group of 1Password users and not available to others. 1Password Families is a new and separate offering. We certainly appreciate the support of customers who have purchased other 1Password offerings in the past.

Ben

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

For the 20-50 people who ask, you should give them special pricing. I mean why wouldn't you? Sounds pretty silly to me. These are customers who are looking to give you even more money they they already have. Especially since they are even coming here to give you feedback.

• Ben
    Options

If anyone would like to discuss their particular situation, please feel free to drop us an email to support@1password.com. But, in general, the discount we have available is available to everyone. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.