Editing fields results in white text on white background - hard to read!

When editing fields in one password from the app on my mac it results in white text on white background - and it is super hard to read and frustrating. Is there anything I can do to alter the text settings? I have attempted to update software but it keeps telling me I am up-to-date. Any help is appreciated.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:white text

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@mallshaw - Read the top sticky post in the 1Password 3 section of the forum, here.

1Password 3 has seen no revisions since version 4 was released. The latest OS X update has rendered it unusable. It's time to upgrade your copy of 1Password. Or, I suppose you could roll back OS X to Yosemite.

• mallshaw
    mallshaw
    Community Member

Thanks @hawkmoth should have checked that. Appreciate you pointing me the in right direction. I'm all fixed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Hi @mallshaw,

I'm so glad to see that Hawkmoth's answer helped you out - thanks for letting us know that you're all sorted! :)

• mehess
    mehess
    Community Member

When I try to enter new info or edit existing info, the field box and text turn white and I can't see what I'm typing. Mac 10.11.4 1Password 3.8.22 What's up?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS x 10.11.4
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:entry fields white

• mehess
    mehess
    Community Member

Help

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@mehess as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

The best place to start is by reading this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• Vistatvie
    Vistatvie
    Community Member

Yup, I'm getting the similar issue as mallshow. When I click on a field to edit, it goes all white.I am unable to see the original text which is useful if i need to verify the password is correct. I've upgrade to El Capitan recently. Is that the problem?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Vistatvie,

Running 1Password 3 on El Capitan would be the reason for the issue you've described, which is explained in the second post of this thread that hawkmoth referred to in his reply:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

I hope the information there is helpful and be sure to let us know if you have any other questions!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mehess,

I've merged your posts, and Stephen's reply, with another discussion about the issue you reported. If you need further help please give a shout. :)

This discussion has been closed.