'unknown file type' error when transferring data from v3.7.2 to latest 1password app on iPhone

keharries
keharries
Community Member

Please help - I want to transfer data from my old 1Password (v3.7.2) to the new 1Password app on my iPhone 5S and it isn't working. I followed https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/. The data did not automatically transfer so I used the alternative method as specified. On completion, the file appeared in the new 1Password app but the import wouldn't complete. The blue banner stated 'unknown file type'. The screen below the blue banner displayed: 'Choose the vault into which you would like to import 1Password0100-20160508.1Pt3Import.484374638'; the option 'Primary Vault', and selection 'Import Now'. However the option 'Import Now' did not activate when clicked - I assume because the file type wasn't recognised. I tried a second time (including deleting the 1Password app and reinstalling it) and it still did not work. Please help. I have a lot of data in the old version of the app and I don't want to have to manually reenter it.

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: iOS9.3.1
Sync Type: USB
Referrer: kb:upgrade-ios, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• keharries
    keharries
    Community Member

Hey - Is this product support or an online forum? I thought it was product support.

• Hi @keharries,

This is both an online forum, and where we do product support. :) I'm sorry to hear about the trouble importing your data from v3. It appears the problem may be that you've got .484374638 somehow stuck on the end of the filename of the import file. Please try removing that. The file extension should be .1pt3import.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• keharries
    keharries
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification. The file name was correct when I started, so I'm not sure when it was added. I'll try again later and let you know how I go. Cheers

• Please do. Thanks! :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.