Teams: Pricing & Guest licenses

Options
twykr
twykr
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Business and Teams

Hi -

A few more questions for you about the Teams pricing / features, as we make our decision on whether to pursue this service:

• How many guest licenses / slots does a Teams account get? I've seen a couple of potential answers in the forums, but nothing definitive. We currently would have a team of about 17 people, and would need 10-20 guest licenses (the single vault limitation is not a problem for us), with the potential of scaling up further on that (for contractors and clients).

• Does the intro $5/user pricing apply for the lifetime of the account? Or is it just first year pricing?

• Does the intro $5/user pricing apply to new users added after July 1st (i.e. if we create a team before July 1st, and get the intro pricing, and then add new staff / user licenses afterwards), or does all user licensing go up to the regular $15/user after July 1st, regardless of team signup date?

• Is there any functionality that exists (or is on the to-do list) for one-time sharing of information with external contacts (non-1P users)? For instance, Passpack has this system where you choose and send a 5-digit code key to a client, and then have Passpack send them an access URL that uses that code key to unlock once (after which, the code expires). Just wondering if there will be anything similar to this with 1P4T?

Thanks,
Nathan.

1Password Version: 6.3BETA-4
Extension Version: 4.5.6.7
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Nathan ( @twykr ),

Thanks for writing in.

The pro plan, which is the only plan currently available (standard will be added later), includes up to 20 guests. More can be invited and will be charged at the same rate as additional team members.

The special early adopter pricing is locked in so long as you maintain an activate subscription and do not change plans. Allowing your subscription to lapse or changing plans will cause the pricing to be lost. To lock this in you must subscribe and add billing details before we stop offering the early adopter special.

The subscription is set for the Team, not for each user. So if your subscription is for $5/user/mo, then it doesn't matter when you add additional users, they will be charged at that rate.

We are looking into individual item sharing similar to what you've described, but as far as I'm aware we're still in the brainstorming phase. I couldn't promise when/if such a thing will be part of the offering.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• twykr
    twykr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben -

One further question: I see that there's now offered a slightly discount to pay annually, as opposed to monthly. While I'm pretty sure I know the answer - I just want to be sure: If we start off monthly, and then switch to annual - that's not considered a plan change, correct?

Thanks for all the answers!
    Nathan.

• twykr
    twykr
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben -

Sorry! One further question as well: Is there a minimum number of users we need to purchase to qualify for the Team plan introductory pricing? Or could we sign up with just 2 or 3 users for now - and then add the rest of our team users later?

Nathan.

• Ben
    Options

Nathan,

Switching from monthly to annual is actually considered a plan change at the moment. That is something we're looking into, but yes, unfortunately it is a plan change right now.

You can definitely start with a smaller group of users now and then expand later -- no problem.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.