Any refund for my 1PW Single license when upgrading to family license?

Options
Wiehrdt
Wiehrdt
Community Member

Convinced my wife to use 1PW too. What would you recommend: Should she buy another single license or should we upgrade to a family plan? If so, I will loose my one-time invest in the single license and will be charged 60 USD every year. Right?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App Store
Extension Version:
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrading to family license

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forums @Wiehrdt!

The answer to your question depends on how the two of you plan to use 1Password. If you want a solution that makes your data available on the web, allows you to share vaults with each other, and has access to the latest-and-greatest features and apps, 1Password Families is definitely worth looking into. It would cost a total $60 per year for the two of you to use 1Password Families in this way.

If you don't plan to share passwords with each other, or are comfortable sharing a vault with the steps outlined in this guide, you can purchase a license for her. That option would require you to unlock Pro features on mobile devices on an ad hoc basis, and would also require you to pay for upgrades to the 1Password apps in the future, but doesn't have a recurring cost you'd have to take care of each month/year.

I personally am setting up my wife with 1Password Families, and already got my dad to use it too. It's cheaper than buying them each licenses, I don't have to troubleshoot any questions they have about syncing, and I can easily share information like banking info or credit card numbers with her in a secure, convenient way. But it really depends on what you're looking for from 1Password :)

• Wiehrdt
    Wiehrdt
    Community Member
    Options

Wow! That was fast! Thank you for your extensive and extremely helpful answer! Will discuss that with her and decide. Best, Andreas

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wiehrdt my pleasure! :)

This discussion has been closed.