Windows 7 for families ETA??? as im about to cancel

Options
lloydsj
lloydsj
Community Member

Hi,

I've just signed up for 1password for families, and upon installation discovered it doesn't support windows 7 ???

I'm now about to cancel my subscription again, but thought I'd ask on an ETA for windows 7 support as if its very soon (days, not months) i'll consider waiting.

Cheers,
Not happy customer!

PS. How about only releasing a product, when you support it on all your major platforms? I appreciate that you develop the apps/platform releases at differing speeds... and that customers are probably crying out for the updates, but it is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL to release products on 1 platform at a time whilst claiming the product is multi-platform!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lloydsj,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We have a fairly extensive thread on this subject available here:

Families need a Windows solution - AgileBits Support Forum

and upon installation discovered it doesn't support windows 7 ???

That is correct. At the moment it does not. 1Password for Families is supported by Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows 10 (beta). We also have a web interface that can be used on most modern platforms (including Windows 7).

I'm now about to cancel my subscription again, but thought I'd ask on an ETA for windows 7 support as if its very soon (days, not months) i'll consider waiting.

We're definitely not talking a matter of days. Windows 7 and further Windows 10 support is currently one of our top priorities, but it is going to take time to implement. Considering there is not currently a beta available, I'd wager that we're talking a matter of months, not weeks, before a stable product will be available.

Not happy customer!

I'm sorry to hear we've let you down in this regard. We simply didn't feel it would be right to hold up letting folks get their hands on 1Password for Families for months while our Windows team develops what will be a brand new application for Windows 7.

whilst claiming the product is multi-platform!!!

It is multi-platform. We support Mac, iOS, and Android. Windows 10 support is currently in beta, and Windows 7 support is coming as quickly as we can develop and test it.

We do appreciate the feedback, and hope that you'll reconsider 1Password for Families when full Windows 7 support is available. Again my apologies that we've let you down.

Ben

• lloydsj
    lloydsj
    Community Member
    Options

1) It's not multi platform when you don't support the major revisions of the different OS's properly (so windows 7 onwards presumably, etc).
    2) Would it be possible to get an extension on the free 1 month trial period to say 3 months? whilst you sort the multiplatform issues out. i think on the early bird adopter i get 2 extra months, so I may as well have them at the beginning of the year and not the end.
    3) How do I cancel, as it doesn't seem obvious how to do it?

• lloydsj
    lloydsj
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone???

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lloydsj I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I'm going to respond to your list in order:

1) It's not multi platform when you don't support the major revisions of the different OS's properly (so windows 7 onwards presumably, etc).

Like @bwoodruff said, our development team is hard at work on a Windows 7 app that can properly connect to 1Password Families. And there's an important distinction between multi-platform and all-platform; right now 1Password Families is a multi-platform service. As we release the Windows apps (for 7/8 and 10) it gets ever-closer to being an all-platform service, and we're pretty excited about that.

2) Would it be possible to get an extension on the free 1 month trial period to say 3 months? whilst you sort the multiplatform issues out. i think on the early bird adopter i get 2 extra months, so I may as well have them at the beginning of the year and not the end.

I'm not sure if this is possible but I'll bring it up with the team to see what we can do :)

3) How do I cancel, as it doesn't seem obvious how to do it?

Follow these steps:

• Go to the Billing menu (under the link in the top-right of your main page)
    • Go to Edit Subscription, then click cancel your subscription
    • It will be cancelled and you will not be billed come the next invoice date

I hope all of that makes sense. I'll let you know when I hear back about the second item 8-)

• lloydsj
    lloydsj
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the instructions on how to cancel. Any ETA on the 2nd item? as the 3rd item depends on it, meaning I'll need to cancel before tomorrow if no luck.

Cheers

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lloydsj sure thing. I've brought this up with our team and I'm waiting on a response myself. As soon as I know, you'll know :)

• lloydsj
    lloydsj
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks, well it bills me tomorrow, so will need to cancel in next few hours if dont hear anything back

• Ben
    Options

@lloydsj,

Could you please drop us an email to support@1password.com from the email address you used to create your 1Password family? Please include a link to this thread, and then when you get a support ID back please post it here.

I can't make any specific promises about credits for any accounts here on the forums but if you can send us an email that'll help us expedite getting an answer.

Ben

• lloydsj
    lloydsj
    Community Member
    Options

Sent email just now. Cheers

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @lloydsj!

Ben

ref: MPB-54349-588

This discussion has been closed.