Question on Pro pricing and new features.

Options

Hi there,

Appreciate you posting the pricing for teams earlier. I see that the Pro plan has a deal for a limited time at $4.99 per user per month. If we were to activate this plan, how long will this remain? A lot of SaaS companies, including our own, change pricing plans quite frequently. It will be quite a shock to us to have it be bumped up to $14.99.

Also, can you give some insight into what Groups and Permissions are? (the new pro features)

Cheers!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrCoBalt
    MrCoBalt
    Community Member
    Options

Our team is also very curious about this offer. For example, is it a "lifetime" offer for as long as we keep the 1P for Teams account? What per-user rates would be charged for additional Team members onboarded later as our company grows? Would the 3.99/user/month "paid yearly" plan have the same terms? etc etc.

We are a growing IT company with a large amount of client-specific data we would like to secure and give our technicians access to, and as such we are currently evaluating a number of shared password vault options –including LastPass Enterprise, AuthAnvil, and PassPortal– for both internal and potentially sharing-with-external-clients use.

I'm a huge fan and longtime user of 1P so we jumped at the opportunity to try out Teams and I'm excited by what we're seeing with the service, but to be honest this pricing is a bit concerning especially when compared to some of your competitors –for example something like LastPass Enterprise which has a (relatively) comparable feature set but is half the price of even the Standard offering at $24 USD per user, per year.

That said, a clean well thought-out service with top-notch native apps is definitely worth paying for (and I'm trying my darnedest to sell it to the higher-ups) so we're just looking for a bit more solid info on future pricing, as well as on upcoming feature roadmaps like what will be offered by the "coming soon" groups, roles, and activity logs (who on a team has revealed a password and when, for example?)

Cheers!

-Matt

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/303778/#Comment_303778

If you subscribe now, you'll get the promotional price locked in as long as your subscription continues. You'll only lose it if you cancel or switch to another plan.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Unicade_Music: Thanks! :)

@lachlanroyneeley: Groups are a way to simplify access control. Rather than having to manually assign permissions for every single user (ugh), you can set group permissions, assign users to those groups, and then add any additional access on a per-user basis as needed:

1Password Teams Admin Guide: Access Control

@MrCoBalt: I'll be the first to admit that this can be a bit confusing, given that it's different from what we're all accustomed to.

I've found that the easiest way to understand it is to think of it in terms of the Team. Your Team determines the plan, which applies to all members, regardless of how many. If you're Pro with the early adopter special, so long as you don't cancel or change plans, you'll have that forever; and that means 5$ per user per month, no matter how many users you have.

We're not trying to be the absolute cheapest, only offer a great service with great apps at a great price. And the easy sharing and access control alone are well worth the price of admission, if you ask me. It saves a lot of fiddling and trial and error. :)

• dutchster
    dutchster
    Community Member
    Options

For my team I have to really question the costs here. Likely, not going to happen. The niceties of this product that are not necessarily useful on a smaller team so it's likely a less expensive or free password manager will be where we're headed. It's unfortunately that a second offer wasn't made to those of us that struggled through beta to get Standard at a reduced rate. I don't need the pro features.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood. I'm sorry if 1Password Teams isn't a good fit for your organization currently, but we'll keep improving it going forward. I'm glad that you were able to test drive it during the free beta period and find out! And who knows? Perhaps well be able to offer other pricing options down the road. :)

This discussion has been closed.