How to migrate from Dropbox vault to Family account with Win10 Beta app?

Options
Didiko
Didiko
Community Member

Basically, everything is in the title :p

1Password Version: Win10 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @Didiko! Did you happen to import your Dropbox vault in the app yet? If not, you can do that when you first start it or from the "Accounts & Vaults" menu later on. Here's our official guide to moving your data over:

How to migrate to a family or team

Let us know if you have any questions! :)

• Didiko
    Didiko
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot @penderworth , it did help a lot :chuffed:

Now I just wonder about the exact management strategy between these different "sync" methods. I mean with Dropbox and/or 1P Family server etc. (keep both, delete one, what about changes and new entries in the future etc.)

Any advice on this issue please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Didiko: I'm not quite sure what you're asking. As an example, I have a 1Password Team, a 1Password Family, and multiple vaults I sync with both Dropbox and iCloud, if what you were asking is if it's possible to use these alongside each other. Let me know more about what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can help! :)

• Didiko
    Didiko
    Community Member
    Options

Currently the members of my family are using standalone versions of the 1P app, depending on their platform, and having of course stored their data into their own vault (most of the time locally, sometimes through Dropbox).
    How can I "regroup" them into a family account while keeping the integrity of their own "independent" data/vaults?
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Didiko: Great question! Just to clarify, it sounds like you're looking to start using 1Password Families alongside everyone's existing vaults. Is that correct?

If so, you can simply signup for 1Password Families, invite your family members, and then share vaults and items with them.

Each member has their own Personal vault which only they can access, access to the Familiy's Shared vault, and then whichever other vaults you choose to share. They can keep using their existing vaults or move the data to their new Personal vaults. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.