Switch back from 1Password for Families

Options
Scottivo
Scottivo
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

After a number of years happily using 1Password, I registered for 1Password for Families today, so my wife could also use 1Password. I needed to migrate her details from her Splash ID but I received an error message each time I tried. Additionally, in general I wasn't as keen on the experience, so I've decided not to continue the trial. I just want to ensure that the trial will not affect my existing 1Password usage. I copied my vault to the Families version, rather than moving them, so I'm hoping that there will be no effect. In addition, I hope to be able to move to 1Password for Families in the future, when I have more time to work on the migration, so I would like to deregister from the service, so I can try it again at a later date. Can you help?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forums @Scottivo! I'm sorry to hear that 1Password Families wasn't quite to your liking. Rest assured: Your existing 1Password data will not be affected by allowing your 1Password Families trial to expire. And even if you forget to move something over from 1Password Families before the trial ends, you'll always be able to go in and view your data, as we don't lock you out of it.

There's no reason to deregister from 1Password Families if you want to revisit it in the future. Once your trial expires, your account will be "frozen." If you choose to sign up for the service later on, it will "thaw" so you can use the same credentials (domain, Account Key, Master Password, etc.) as you used to sign up for the account. That way you don't have to go through the sign-up process more than once :)

• Scottivo
    Scottivo
    Community Member
    Options

That's what I was hoping. Thanks for getting bak to me so quickly.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scottivo my pleasure! Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

This discussion has been closed.