Best way to share Vaults Guest vs Members

Options
blueteq
blueteq
Community Member

Hello, very excited about Teams I signed up immediately. Unfortunately lost access to my original account but then setup a new one and saved the information.
With the new account I setup multiple vaults for each of my clients, and then added them as team members. Now that the licensing has been announced I just realized its going to cost me a fortune just to manage their passwords! (nearly $1000AUD)

If I remove them as team members and invite them as guests and only have our internal guys as members, what will they loose? And is this the best way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Guests Vs Team Members

Comments

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Well, we´ll be putting only our internal guys (or the most important of those :p) as members, too, and all of our interns and clients as guests.

It basically boils down to what is (not) available for the guests:

• The Personal vault is not available.
    • The Shared vault is not available.
    • Only ONE vault is available.

But then again, they´ll only be needing one vault anyway. At least, with us it is so. In this vault we place any information that is directly needed for them. And if I need any other info from another vault, I´m the admin, so I can quickly switch and, if necessary, duplicate the item.

The only problem that arises (unless I missed one) is that dependent on your field of work etc. you might have a lot of duplicate items ... which are a tad bit annoying when working as an admin from the "All Items" field. Sadly enough, syncronizable duplicates are not possible.

Scroll down to #10 in this post to read up on it. Brenty answered my feature request one post below.

Brenty also answered the guest pricing question here.
    And here is roustems post on prorated billing.

To answer your question if it´s the best way to go, I´d say yes. And, of course, if you ever find the need to bump up a guests rights, you can "upgrade" him.

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @blueteq! Thanks for signing up. :) I think this would be a good case for using Guests instead of regular members. The only thing they would lose is having a Personal vault. If they'd like one, you can always invoice them for their account since it will be something they're using for themselves as well. As @Unicade_Music mentioned, you can also only share one vault with them. However, the Shared vault can be accessed by Guests if it's their one vault. Hope that helps!

• blueteq
    blueteq
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Perfect! Will make the changes now and commit to the billing!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blueteq, on behalf of penderworth, you're welcome! We're glad to have you on board with Teams. If there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.