Changing billing email address

Options
gtfarrell
gtfarrell
Community Member

The settings page is quite barren at the moment. Would be great to have the option to change where invoices are sent (e.g. our book-keeper).

On a side note: we have got used to a lot of the services we use as a company having a little intercom icon for us to get help quickly / contact the team quickly. I know AB like their forum, but intercom is nice!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hey @gtfarrell! Thanks for mentioning this. I've seen another few requests for it as well. It's good to know there's some interest. I'll forward the feedback to our development team so we can look into adding this. :)

ref: B5-1606

On a side note: we have got used to a lot of the services we use as a company having a little intercom icon for us to get help quickly / contact the team quickly. I know AB like their forum, but intercom is nice!

Intercom is a wonderful service indeed. I personally looked into it a few months ago, and it would be cool to have around, but right now we just don't have the resources to maintain it like a live chat. Having it as a quick contact point simply using email may work, but for now we're sticking with our simple email address of support@1password.com. If you ever need to contact us, that's another way. The forum is faster most of the time though.

• gtfarrell
    gtfarrell
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm I see. We do use intercom, and find it useful for keeping track of conversations but the "real-time" nature of it can be a pain to maintain, it's true.

I find fora a bit frustrating as a support mechanism because it takes longer. Perhaps just having a more obvious "email support" link somewhere on the 1Pwd / AB site would be good (I had to dig around for a "contact" link).

Look forward to seeing some nice new settings on the settings page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hmm I see. We do use intercom, and find it useful for keeping track of conversations but the "real-time" nature of it can be a pain to maintain, it's true.
    I find fora a bit frustrating as a support mechanism because it takes longer. Perhaps just having a more obvious "email support" link somewhere on the 1Pwd / AB site would be good (I had to dig around for a "contact" link).

@gtfarrell: I hear you. But honestly, and it isn't up to me, I'd advocate against real-time (except under special circumstances). That's something I've been involved in before, and found that as much as that sort of immediacy feels satisfying in a way, it's actually worse for everyone involved overall. I don't know if you've ever had the pleasure of talking to a phone or chat rep at a large company, but it encourages people to just make stuff up because they're on the spot. While ideally no one would have to wait, I think it's better to wait a bit for the right answer than to get the wrong one quickly. So many wasted hours! :lol:

I actually had a good customer service experience with my ISP just yesterday where they called me to follow up on a connectivity issue I'd reported. They monitored the connection, ran some tests, and did...something to fix it. I honestly didn't even ask because I didn't believe it, but sure enough it's been fine since! They probably just wanted to save the cost of sending out a technician, but I'm a happy camper. If given the option, I'd gladly wait for a resolution over wasting time (mine and theirs) with someone who may not know what my problem is or have the ability to fix it. :)

• gtfarrell
    gtfarrell
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I can understand that. I have mixed feelings but find it useful, eg:

1) when I need to ask a quick question - it doesn't have to be real-time as such but the convenience of writing a message in the context and the moment is not to be underrated.

2) our customers ask us questions through intercom. Sometimes I tell them "I'll have to find out and get back to you" but the asynchronicity makes this easier, not harder. Phone calls annoy me for this reason.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

I can understand that. I have mixed feelings but find it useful, eg:
    1) when I need to ask a quick question - it doesn't have to be real-time as such but the convenience of writing a message in the context and the moment is not to be underrated.
    2) our customers ask us questions through intercom. Sometimes I tell them "I'll have to find out and get back to you" but the asynchronicity makes this easier, not harder. Phone calls annoy me for this reason.

@gtfarrell: Those are great points! Admittedly I was conflating phone support and chat a bit too much. You're right about asynchronicity, but from my own experience it seems like most people who aren't in our shoes expect chat to be instantaneous. There's probably a different sweet spot for each case though, so we'll continue to explore different options. I think you have a unique perspective on this, as I have my own. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.