Signed in online to teams, but desktop app won't let me sign in, keeps saying "incorrect content".

Options
katrich
katrich
Community Member

I've tried to log in one of our employees to the team account. He can access it online, but when he downloaded the desktop app from the app store, it keeps saying he's entering "incorrect content" although it's the exact same information he's entering to login online. I did an account recovery, that didn't work. Then I deleted him from the team, had him uninstall the 1password desktop app and chrome extension, then invited him back to the team and had him reinstall everything. Again, he can access it online, but the desktop app still says "incorrect content".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:desktop app

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @katrich! Sorry about that. What version of the app is he using? And has he tried signing in on his mobile devices? I'm also curious as to whether he has used 1Password before, and what vaults you have shared with him?

• katrich
    katrich
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

He installed the most recent version from the App Store, version 6.2.1. I've shared our team vault with him.

He's used 1Password in the past, but with a personal account. We deleted everything from his computer and reinstalled using the Team Account information I was tying to invite him to, but it still wouldn't let him sign on through the desktop application. He tried using both the barcode scanner as well as manual entry, both times it said the information was incorrect.

Thanks!

• Jacob
    Options

@katrich Thanks for the info. Could you have him email us about this at support@1password.com? He can mention this thread in the email. It would also help if he could create a Diagnostics Report from his Mac? This knowledge base article explains how: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Have him attach the Diagnostics Report to that same email. Please do not post the Diagnostics Report in the forums.

He should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should have a better idea of what's happening. Thanks!

• katrich
    katrich
    Community Member
    Options

Gone ahead and done that. Here's the Support ID [#DZC-13383-799]. Thank you!

• Jacob
    Options

@katrich Thanks! We'll get back to you as soon as possible. :)

ref: #DZC-13383-799

This discussion has been closed.