Android not syncing to my personal vault.

Options
dmj111
dmj111
Community Member

Hi,

I have a 1password for families account and have copied most of the passwords from my 1password4 vault to the Personal Vault on my family account. Some recent additions do not show up on my android app. These items were added to my local (dropbox synced) vault, and then the item was copied to my personal vault.

I can see these passwords when I log into my account's web interface, so I know that they have synced. They are not available on my phone, though.

Any ideas on what to try?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 5.1.1
Sync Type: 1password for families
Referrer: forum-search:syncing not working to android

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @dmj111! Sorry about that. What version of 1Password for Android are you using? Have you signed in to your 1Password Families account on that device? If you have, could you try manually locking and unlocking the app to see if the item shows up then? Let us know how it goes. :)

• dmj111
    dmj111
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @penderworth.

The version is 6.3. I am logged into the families account - I have a bunch of the passwords that I copied over from my 1password 4 vault a few weeks ago on my laptop. And, I see my family account name in the vault.

I added a test secure note on android, and it says it is in my personal vault (on the family account, not my primary vault, synced through dropbox.) The note is not showing up on the web site.

I locked and unlocked with my PIN, and killed and restarted the app. Neither seemed to help.

Thanks,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmj111: I'm really sorry for the trouble! We've released 1Password for Android version 6.3.1 earlier, and it should be available to you via Google Play shortly if it isn't already. We have a number of fixes for 1Password Families/Teams there, so please update and let us know if that helps.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• phovey
    phovey
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a related issue with the latest Android app, v6.3.1, and wasn't sure if I should post in the Android discussion or here. I initially had syncing issues after updating the application, and sent a diagnostic report last night. I removed and re-added my family account, which ended up being the official fix for the moment (the AgileBits' timely reply said a fix is in the works). After re-adding the family account, sync claimed to be working, but a new login I created on the mobile device is not appearing on the web interface after reloading. Backwards from the original problem, but an Android <--> web syncing problem all the same.

• phovey
    phovey
    Community Member
    Options

I'm going to leave my comment from before where it is, but I just realized what happened. I was under the Primary vault on my phone, and not using the Families vault. I re-added the login under the Families Personal vault, and then it synced to the web app. @dmj111 perhaps double-check that you're using the Families vault on your phone and not the Personal vault?

Sorry for the false report above, 1Password team! >_< at least I caught it quickly!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@phovey I'm glad everything's working as intended! In the future it should be easier to avoid mix-ups like this :)

• phovey
    phovey
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott - agreed, separate point but since I have a families account I don't really need/want a "Primary" account. Kinda bugs me to "login" to the app using one password, and have my families account being a separate password. It'd be nice to have the families be the only vaults in the app, to avoid all confusion and be easier to use. In the end it was my fault though, user error :'(

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@phovey :+1: :)

• dmj111
    dmj111
    Community Member
    Options

@phovey - thanks for the tip, but no luck here. My shared note on android shows my family account name, and "Personal Vault", not primary.

@brenty I just created and sent the diagnostic report after rebooting the phone (And seeing that it was at 6.3.1)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmj111: I'm actually looking it right now and wanted to follow up here thanks to the link you included. I'll get back to you via email shortly! :)

ref: XQU-64779-331

• dmj111
    dmj111
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: The method: remove family account from android app, re-add family account seemed to work. Thanks!

• dmj111
    dmj111
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: check that - it synced the files I had online, but the shared note that I created on my device is gone (since it only existed in my family vault on that device). It wasn't important, and it makes sense why it happened. But - it seems like that might be important to know.

• Jacob
    Options

@dmj111 Thanks for letting us know. I'll make note of it in your email thread with us. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.