Paying for the 1Password for Families option

Options
RandyVT
RandyVT
Community Member

If I decide to corral my wife and kids and give them a strict security/passphrase lecture as well as enroll them all in 1Password for Families, can I pay annually and NOT have my credit card number retained. I do not leave my credit card number at the local grocery, fuel station or restaurant. I have quit audible.com because they do not offer a "pay ahead for a year's subscription" payment option, and I will not knowingly leave my wallet open and my credit card number exposed with any vendor. Sorry, I'm just anal about protecting my PII and my financial information. Please tell me it is possible to enroll in 1Password for Families without leaving my credit open for future charges without me entering it each time, and what the details of that payment plan are.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:1password for families, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey RandyVT,

Firstly, I want to assure you that we do not retain your credit card info. In fact, it never touches any of our servers. We use Stripe for payment processing, and the subscription page talks directly from your browser to their servers to make it happen. The upside of this is that you don't need to trust us, and we don't need to go through complicated PCI compliance procedures for handling credit cards. This also means that if you are okay trusting that Stripe is handling your credit card properly (I'll let you evaluate that yourself), then you can leave the card on the account, because we don't have access to the card details.

To address the second concern specifically about removing the last card on the account, we've removed this functionality for the time being, however you can effectively do the same thing by signing up for 1 year, then cancelling the account after the payment goes through. We will immediately delete the card (from Stripe–That's where it's stored), mark your account as ending at the end of the year, but your account will stay open until the end of the year as per usual.

Depending on customer feedback, we may change the design in the future to allow removing the last card. It sounds like there's some cases where this is desired.

Thanks!
    Steven

This discussion has been closed.