team member validated but log in item not populating

Options

Team member has been validated and assigned to a vault. He clicks on the log in item but the user name and password I set up are not auto populated on his form .. so he can not log into the item. He rebooted his computer and still no luck. What are we doing wrong... I need the log in credentials to auto populate on his end. When I test on my end it works fine?
Many thanks

Dan Trepanier

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:guest log in not working

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @dantrepanier! Sorry about that. Could you give us a bit more info about his setup? Here's what will help:

• What platform and version of 1Password he's using
    • What browser he's using
    • Whether this happens in any other browsers

Hopefully we can figure out what's going on fairly quickly with those details. :)

• dantrepanier
    dantrepanier
    Community Member
    Options

He is using Chrome Windows 10
    I will assume Password for Teams latest version. I just added him yesterday and he just downloaded today.
    Not sure if this happens on other browsers.

Let me know if you need more info. He is in Manila so I cant ask him to test right now but Thurs am he will be up and we can chat
    thanks so much for your help

• Jacob
    Options

@dantrepanier Ah, I see what is happening. To fill fields in the browser, you need the app and browser extension to be installed. On Windows 10, there isn't currently an extension available, but we do have an app. Your team member can get it from the Windows Store. While we continue working on the browser extension, he can fill things by clicking the Browser button in the top right of the app:

Let us know if you have any questions about it. :)

• dantrepanier
    dantrepanier
    Community Member
    Options

Still no luck -- here is what my VA said...

Dan, I already installed the Windows 10 app and followed the instruction above but still it isn't populating the username and password of weber.

I also installed the 1Password chrome extension but when i try to run it, it say's 1password helper could not be found. Tried to search online and it seems that I don't have the 1Password software package for Windows, well that's the forum answers are trying to tell.

I already tried to uninstall, reinstall both the browser extension and Windows 10 app to no avail. Will just wait for your instructions Dan.
    Additionally, I kept restarting my PC thinking about the cookies etc... but still I can't access aweber. :disappointed:

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dantrepanier,

I apologize for the confusion here. At this time, the browser extension will not work with the 1Password Windows 10 beta.

Our developers are working on bringing the filling function to 1Password for Windows as soon as possible, but for now, you will need to either copy and paste the information from the app into Chrome, or use the built-in browser in the 1Password for Windows 10 app (as Penderworth suggested above).

• dantrepanier
    dantrepanier
    Community Member
    Options

He was able to install the chrome extension, when he click it as per your first instructions. it says "1password helper could not be found". So the extension don't run at all.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dantrepanier,

That is correct.

There is a 1Password extension available for Windows, but it currently only works with 1Password 4 for Windows (which is not 1Password Teams compatible.) If you are using the 1Password for Windows 10 beta, you will not be prevented from installing the browser extension, but that extension will not recognize the 1Password for Windows 10 app.

• dantrepanier
    dantrepanier
    Community Member
    Options

yes but now were talking about chrome --- so are you saying that even though its chrome browser the fact that its on a windows platform it does not work.... Once you confirm then I will let him know..
    Another reason why windows sucks!!! unfortunately I have 1Password for teams specifically for this person and now I cant use it... lol oh the irony..
    thanks for your support

• dantrepanier
    dantrepanier
    Community Member
    Options

can i early switch to 1Password Windows Beta and set him up on that...... If so where would I find the download link so I can send that to him.. I am fine with bypassing teams

• Jacob
    Options

@dantrepanier Sorry for the confusion and trouble surrounding Windows bits (most interesting sentence I've typed this week). There's unfortunately no way to fill in Chrome and also use 1Password Teams right now. We're working on support for that. In the meantime, we recommend copy/paste if you'd like to use the Teams, or the older Windows app and its browser extensions if that matters to you. Feel free to download the 1Password 4 for Windows from this page. Let us know if you have any questions about it. :)

This discussion has been closed.