The way your payments gateway handles your payments sets off FRAUD ALARM BELLS at my Credit Card Co.

Options
4michaelangus
4michaelangus
Community Member

Since your payments gateway did not pass any details about who is behind the transaction (1password or agilebits) to American Express they flagged it as fraud and declined the transaction of course setting off all kinds of alarm bells and creating a major hassle for my family. (and of course causing you to count down to freezing my account). Maybe as you scale into a real business you should get a real payments service provider.

up until the point i tried to actually pay the product has been great

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:payment gateway

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@4michaelangus they use stripe if Iam right witch is a really big payment gateway

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@4michaelangus: We use Stripe for 1Password Families/Teams, a real payment provider with a proven track record. We've actually been using them for years already selling licenses through the AgileBits Store, so I'm surprised to hear that you had trouble with your credit card. Certainly, it happens from time to time since the heuristics automated systems use for fraud protection aren't perfect, but if it was a widespread problem with Stripe, it's something we (and many other companies who use them) would have heard about. Weirdly, the charge showed up in a much more recognizable form on my credit card statement than others tend to:

Apr. 14, 2016
    1PASSWORD FAMILIES 8778877815 CAN
    Additional Details
    Transaction Type: Purchases
    Posted Date: Apr. 14, 2016
    Category: MerchandiseCOMPUTER SOFTWARE STORE
    Reference Number: W3C9R6XH
    Merchant Country: Canada

I'm glad to hear that you were enjoying 1Password, but I'm really sorry that you had payment issues. I'm not sure that there's anything we can do on our end, but please contact us at support@1password.com so we can get things sorted out for you, and some additional information about your experience that we can pass on to Stripe to perhaps avoid your credit card company flagging the charge in the future!

This discussion has been closed.