Unable to add one time password on ea.com

Eylandt
Eylandt
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi!

I'm trying to add a mobile authenticator (one time password) to my EA account but scanning the QR code gives me "unsupported QR code".

The site is: https://myaccount.ea.com

Is this fixable from 1Password's side?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.3.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Eylandt,

So I've tried to replicate and I'm not sure but I think I understand why you're experiencing issues. Tell me if I'm correct at all.

So I went off and created a test account as it was going to be the only way to see what you're seeing.

When you first turn on login verification you will have seen the following window.

Now I can scan that code using 1Password for Mac while 1Password for iOS will say it's in invalid code. Now to be fair to 1Password for iOS it isn't wrong as the QR code contains the following

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-authenticator/id388497605?mt=8

So it's a QR code to help you install a TOTP authenticator app on your phone.

The next screen though looks like this for me

and this one scans fine for me on both 1Password for Mac and iOS. Just before people start banging their heads against a wall and wondering if I'm a total idiot that's an old QR code, I've turned off two-step authentication a couple of times since then :tongue:

Could I be on the right track at all Eylandt or are you saying that for you 1Password for iOS isn't scanning that second QR code?

• Eylandt
    Eylandt
    Community Member

Heh, you're right. I didn't have to scan the first QR code. Got it working now.

Thanks! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Great to hear @Eylandt :smile:

If you run into any other troubles please don't hesitate to contact us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.