My "Teams" trial expires tonight. I want to cancel it, maybe go with Families

Options
Tonia
Tonia
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

It's just my husband and I, two retired folks. We bought 1Password on the App Store in 2014. We've shared this app over iCloud since then, until I signed up for the Teams trial. I don't really need Teams, I realize. I got your notice that if I don't sign up with my credit card and pay for the year, I will be frozen out of our account after TONIGHT. Does this mean that our 1Password functions will stop working in regard to syncing?
To try Teams I had to sign up for your wifi syncing, which I did. I was using Dropbox before. Can I just reverse all that?
Also, I've heard you're going to retire the 1Password Anywhere feature someday, and if that is true, won't I have to sign up for Families in order to be able to continue to sync our Macs, iPads and iPhone accounts?
Sorry, I know this is a lot of questionS, but I'm a bit lost here. Please advise what is best for us. Teams is overkill here, and I don't want to sign up for Families if we don't really need it.
Thank you,
Tonia

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:security-assessments, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:faq, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Jacob
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @Tonia! Thanks for taking it for a spin. Your 1Password Teams account will be frozen, but you can continue using 1Password as normal since you purchased it already. :) I just checked and you don't have any items in your team account so you should be just fine to let the trial expire.

To try Teams I had to sign up for your wifi syncing, which I did. I was using Dropbox before. Can I just reverse all that?

Well that shouldn't have been the case. Where did you read about using Wi-Fi Sync for 1Password Teams? There's no need to sync anything with Teams and Families because they store your passwords for you; sync isn't even in the vocabulary. :) I'm sorry if there was some confusion. If you could post where you heard that, I'll try my best to clear it up.

Also, I've heard you're going to retire the 1Password Anywhere feature someday, and if that is true, won't I have to sign up for Families in order to be able to continue to sync our Macs, iPads and iPhone accounts?

1PasswordAnywhere was actually only for accessing your 1Password data in a web browser when you don't have any of the 1Password apps installed. You can keep using things as you always have here. You may need to set up sync again, though. Here's our guide to help you out with that, depending on which service you prefer:

How to sync your 1Password data

I think you may enjoy 1Password Families since it's much more basic than Teams, but it all depends on what you're looking to do. If you want to share your passwords with family members, it makes that very easy. Let us know if you have any questions.

• Tonia
    Tonia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much, you answered every question.
    As for the wifi syncing, in looking back I think I got that confused in the mix with switching over to Teams. My bad.
    Tonia

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tonia,

On behalf of Penderworth, you're very welcome! I'm glad his answers were helpful for you. If you'd like us to go ahead and convert your Team into a Family account, just email support@1password.com from your registered email account and we'll be happy to take care of that for you. If you do email us, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can cross-reference it with this discussion and make sure it's handled quickly.

I also want to clear up one more thing from your earlier post:

I got your notice that if I don't sign up with my credit card and pay for the year, I will be frozen out of our account after TONIGHT.

With Teams or Families, you don't have to pay for a year at a time, you can also choose the monthly billing plan. Whichever works best for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.