Pay for license & account?

Options
russell15324
russell15324
Community Member

I have been using the free version on my mac and iPhone, syncing through dropbox. I want to start syncing through 1password directly, and also I want to buy dropbox for windows. However, the only options I see are "family" and "team" - which seems kind of strange since I'm not interested in either, I just want an individual account. And then, it looks like I would have to pay per month for the account, in addition to the cost of just purchasing the software for windows. Is that true? And if so, does it mean if I weren't able to pay the account anymore, my passwords would be inaccessible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @russell15324,

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying 1Password and would like to continue with us! 1Password Families is the most simple way for you to have all your data accesible everywhere, you can use it with up to 4 other people, but it's also ideal for families of just one member! If you have a Family account the latest version of all the apps are included, you do not need to purchase them separately. You would never be locked out of your data. If at some point you don't pay your subscription you'll be able to access everything that you've already stored in 1Password, you just wouldn't be to add or edit items.

Please let us know if you have any more questions! :chuffed:

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

I have the Pro version of 1P. recently I joined the Families account for the purpose of being able to access my 1P data anywhere. If I don't add any member to the Families account does my personal 1P database in Families Team gets updated or rather synced through 1P pro and can be edited? or in order to do that I have to pay for Families account subscription?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ghamrihh,

If I don't add any member to the Families account does my personal 1P database in Families Team gets updated or rather synced through 1P pro and can be edited? or in order to do that I have to pay for Families account subscription?

Once your trial for 1Password Families is over, all of the data stored there will go into read-only mode. This means that you will not be able to add new items, or edit existing ones.

1Password Families is a great solution if you need to access your data when you are away from all of your devices. However, if you already own a license for the desktop version of 1Password, and are the type of person who keeps a mobile device with them at all times, then you might not need that bonus of the 1Password accounts. If that is the case, you can continue to use 1Password as you always have, and sync your data using a service like Dropbox.

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

What you are saying is contrary to my understanding!! When I inquired about 1passwordAnywhere and I couldn't access it, the response was that Families Team is its replacement, and that no need to pay any additional charges so long as no members added. According to your answer if I want to always have an updated version of Families Team DB, I have to pay so I have no other choice but tp pay if I needed to get access to my PWs should I encounter a situation where I am away from my devices!!

Any other alternative ?

• Ben
    Options

At present the only way we offer web access to 1Password data is via a 1Password for Families or 1Password for Teams subscription. If the subscription is not in good standing it is still possible to access a read-only copy of your data, but no changes or additions can be made.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.