1Password.com will not allow me to login with the corrrect email, key and password.

Options
Leebutler_me
Leebutler_me
Community Member

I have the correct email (confirmed by the website), the correct Key (confirmed in Emergency kit) and password (works in my Mac app) and yet I can not login to 1password.com.

What's the deal?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Leebutler_me,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you are able to sign in to your account in the 1Password app on your Mac, you should be able to use the same details to sign in to 1Password.com.

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app on your Mac.
    2. From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences.
    3. Click the Accounts icon.

From there you can actually copy and paste your email address and Account Key directly into the fields on 1Password.com.

One thing that may be causing confusion is that it's possible to have a different Master Password to unlock the 1Password app than you used for your family account. If you were using 1Password before you signed up for 1Password Families, it's possible that the Master Password for your Primary vault is different from the Master Password for your 1Password.com account. Were you using the 1Password for Mac app with a local vault before signing up for a family account?

• Leebutler_me
    Leebutler_me
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I was. I think I changed it for the family account afterwards when I realized I would be using it on my Mac. I do know the original password and that did not work either.

While trying again, now it is working. Same information so there was a problem with the servers.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting me know everything is working well, @Leebutler_me. That is great news. :)

If there was a problem on the server, it would have been affecting other users as well. But this is the only report we have of this.

Let me know if you ever have any other trouble, though! We are always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.