Confused between standalone, team and families

Options
timdiggins
timdiggins
Community Member

Hi

I and my staff members use 1Password (purchased standalone mac apps) and have the standalone apps and have a shared company vault that we sync via a third party system -- this works fine for us right now.

I also purchased standalone mac+iphone apps for myself and my wife.
I'm now looking at mac+ios apps for my kids as well. 1Password families looks like a good plan but:

1) it feels like there should be some kind of crossgrade discount
2) does this mean that I would have to choose between the families OR having the shared company vault (as that only syncs by third party).

I'm not ready to go for 1Password teams for the company, but might do in the future -- how does 1Password teams work with 1Password families?

thanks

Tim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tim (@timdiggins),

Thank you for your interest in 1Password Families! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy 1Password and that you want to use it with the rest of your family. I think that a Families account would be the perfect fit for what you describe.

1) it feels like there should be some kind of cross grade discount

We had a special deal when 1Password Families was first released thought exactly for our existing users that wanted to move to Families. Sadly this special deal is now over, but if you write to us at support@agilebits.com we'll see if there's anything that we can do for you :chuffed: (please add a link to this thread when you write to us)

2) does this mean that I would have to choose between the families OR having the shared company vault (as that only syncs by third party).

You can keep on using 1Password and syncing some of your vaults via Dropbox along with your Family account with no problems! When you get your Family account you only have to add it on the app. All the other vaults will remain the same, you won't have to do anything to keep using your company vault the way you always have. You only have to keep in mind that you will not be able to access the information on the company vault from your Family account web interface.

I'm not ready to go for 1Password teams for the company, but might do in the future -- how does 1Password teams work with 1Password families?

You can add as many accounts on your devices as you want. You'd have access to all your passwords, both on the Family account and on the Team account, on different vaults. If you need to access your data via a browser then you'd only have to log in to the right account.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.