Switching a Teams account to Families

Options
phindmarsh
phindmarsh
Community Member

I've been using the new Teams beta for my family already, is there anything I need to do to make it a Families specific account (I assume there is a distinction because the billing is different).

Would I need to sign up again and choose a new url etc, or can it be switched internally?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @phindmarsh,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, for your interest in Families, and for helping us test out Teams. :)

There will be a way in the future to switch a Teams account over to a Families account. From Dave:

One thing I didn’t get a chance to address in my post is what happens to existing families that are using 1Password for Teams accounts. The short answer is you will be able to convert your existing team into a Family team. The longer answer is while you will be able to do that, you can’t do it just yet as we haven’t added that ability yet :)

I will be sending out an announcement email to all teams when it is possible to switch over, and I’ll have a blog post announcing it as well. Stay tuned! :)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• nouppercase
    nouppercase
    Community Member
    Options

Had the same question, thanks for the insight Ben.
    Just for a little further clarification, waiting for the ability to convert won't spoil our chances of taking advantage of the launch special, yes?
    Starting over isn't that big a deal, just tedious. Though the bigger thing would be likely not keeping our original team name and having to alter it slightly to do so.

• Ben
    Options

@nouppercase,

Yes, that is a great question. Absolutely. Existing teams that migrate over to use the Family plan will get the additional early-adopter perks added to their account.

No need to start over or change URLs.

:)

Ben

• phindmarsh
    phindmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

Great, sounds perfect @bwoodruff :smile:

• Ben
    Options

:)

Ben

• SuperMarioMan
    SuperMarioMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for asking this and answering it. It was confusing based on the email offer I got and stumbling around the log-in. Any idea when the Teams beta folks like myself will be automatically migrated over to Family (or if we'll have to request it)?

• rob
    Options

@SuperMarioMan when we add the ability, you'll have to initiate it since there's currently no way for us to tell who wants a family account and who doesn't. We'll make it clear, though, and I doubt it will require anything more than signing in and clicking a button. :)

• SuperMarioMan
    SuperMarioMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rob.

• rob
    Options

You're welcome! Sorry for the confusion.

• mikecharbonneau
    mikecharbonneau
    Community Member
    Options

This is great news. I definitely want to take advantage of the special offer. Thanks, Agilebits folk.

• Jallen
    Jallen
    Community Member
    Options

I'll second mikecharbonneau's post. Add another thanks.

• Hobbsy
    Hobbsy
    Community Member
    Options

That's great to know we can keep URL & early adopter perks, I love 1Password for teams so far however family is a better suited product for me. Loving the work Agile Bits

• mfh
    mfh
    Community Member
    Options

Great news. I definitely want to take advantage of the special offer. Thanks!

• rob
    Options

You're welcome, everyone! We're really thankful for our early adopters. :)

Oh, and welcome to our forum, @mfh! :)

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    Options

I came here to ask this question, and it's already been answered in the best way possible. Thanks, all!

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yay! Please let us know if anything else comes up, @skylarp :)

• vikeri
    vikeri
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @bwoodruff I was unable to migrate to Families from Teams by going to Settings, did not see the option to migrate. Has this changed?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vikeri,

Yes, there's been a change on how to change what kind of account you have. If you want to change your Team account into a Family one please send us an email to support@1password.com and we'll take care of it for you :chuffed:

• vikeri
    vikeri
    Community Member
    Options

@Pilar Great thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.