Account UNDESERVINGLY Frozen

Options
Tgooley68
Tgooley68
Community Member

The ONLY reason I paid for the upgrade on this particular app was the fact that it offered family share. Within the description of gained access with upgrading to Pro WAS THE FACT THAT MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD BOTH HAVE ACCESS TO THIS APP & BETTER COMMUNICATE OUR PASSWORDS. In other words, THE POPUP THAT ENTISED ME TO BUY THE PRO VERSION OF THIS UGLY LAYED OUT APP CLEARLY STATED, GO PRO & GET FAMILY ACCESS FEATURES!!!!!!!!!! The wording is not exact but I hope this paints a good picture for you. EITHER YOU "THAW" out my Family share account OR REFUND MY MONEY!!!!! NOW! Another thing, this app doesn't even have the option of inserting pictures. They are very useful and better than words in some cases. I knew I should have stayed with mSecure. In the 5or 6 years they had never let me down & are always finding ways to improve. So why did I decide to start using 1Password? You got it. FAMILY SHARE.

Comments

• afctee
    afctee
    Community Member
    Options

Out of curiosity, when you log into your account, does it show 'Family'? I'm wondering if it merely hasn't upgraded properly, yet.

Sorry for your experience.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @Tgooley68,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you are having. I'd be happy to try and help.

If you are using and want to continue using 1Password for Families

1Password for Families is a subscription service. It requires a monthly or annual payment. If you'd like to continue using it (and unfreeze your account) you'd need to set up the billing for your subscription:

If your 1Password account is frozen

If you didn't intend to use 1Password for Families

Our standalone 1Password apps can operate without a subscription, and it is possible to share a vault by syncing via Dropbox if you've purchased the Pro features (for iOS). If you would rather do that, vs having a 1Password for Families subscription, you can read about setting up a shared vault in Dropbox here:

(iOS) How to share a vault without 1Password Families or 1Password Teams

I'm sorry for the confusion that has lead to this frustration. We recently started selling access to 1Password in two different ways: via a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams subscription, or by purchasing a license for our standalone apps. It sounds like you've purchased a license for the standalone iOS app, perhaps (this is what the "Pro features" purchase would be), but also signed up for a 1Password Families account and have not set up billing for that.

Please let me know if you need any help proceeding and if so which direction you'd like to go (1Password for Families, or standalone apps).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.