How do I pay for 1Password for Families?

Options
blurter
blurter
Community Member

I've signed up for 1Password for Families, but I cannot find any place to add my payment info so that I can complete the process before the sign up bonuses expire.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blurter!

Never fear! We'll ask for your payment details soon and you'll definitely get the early-adopter bonuses :) In the meantime, please enjoy!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• sp00kyDude
    sp00kyDude
    Community Member
    Options

Had the same question - thought I'd signed up for the wrong version.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Probably not, @sp00kyDude! If you signed up from our Families page, you should be good to go :) We'll ask about payment soon!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Will there be an option to use paypal or will only credit cards be supported? I have booth but I don't like to give someone my credit card information ;) I mean I trust agilebits or the service they will be using for this. But still....

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Totally understood, @ntimo!

It'll be credit cards for now, but we may introduce other forms of payment later down the line.

• alienlebarge
    alienlebarge
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I signed up for the Team Beta. Will I get the Familie version (with te early adopter goodies ;) )

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alienlebarge: Yes! And believe me I'm keen on this myself, since as an early adopter I'm in the same boat. Once we get the billing and migration setup, we can both get our goodies! :pirate:

• rob
    Options

Hi, @alienlebarge. Yes, we'll be providing a way to convert your team account to a family account, and we'll let you know when that's ready. Anyone who has already created a team account will be get the early adopter perks when they convert to a family account. :)

@ntimo, one other reassurance for you: we'll be using stripe.com as our payment processor, and they're the only ones who will get your full credit card information. We get your name, card type, and last four digits, but that's about it.

• BakkyMan
    BakkyMan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello team 1password - it took me some time to figure out that (just) signing up is enough to qualify for the early adopter offer. You may want to communicate that to the people out there. It's kind of unclear right now.

• @BakkyMan We actually wanted to keep things a bit quiet and limited to readers of our blog and newsletter rather than putting them on the main page. Thanks for the feedback though. :)

• MarkVeldhuis
    MarkVeldhuis
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Is there an option to pay via Paypal yet? Would love to try Families and take advantage of the early-adopter bonuses, but I have no credit card.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MarkVeldhuis

We do not currently have plans to accept payment methods other than those that can be processed by Stripe (Visa, Master Card, American Express, etc... most major credit cards). In the future if there is enough demand we can look into alternative payment methods but for the near future a credit card will be required to subscribe to 1Password for Families.

Thanks!

Ben

• MarkVeldhuis
    MarkVeldhuis
    Community Member
    Options

That's disappointing. :-(
    Appreciate the reply, thanks Ben!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome! Sorry I don't have a more encouraging answer at the moment.

Ben

• deMichel
    deMichel
    Community Member
    Options

I guess, the demand would be very more, if payment methods aren't limited to credit cards.

Although i have a credit card, it isn't the favoured payment method for me and for other Germans.
    For me it's very disappointing that's why i'm searching for other posibilities to share passwords and other information with my family.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Adding additional payment processors adds cost and complexity. It isn't something we're ruling out for the future, but the payment processor we're using now supports credit and debit cards, so we'd have to integrate PayPal or others separately. Perhaps it will be more feasible in the future, but for now we're trying to keep it simple and focus less on billing and more on making 1Password Families the best it can be. :)

This discussion has been closed.