Unable to "Un Freeze"

CSJudd
CSJudd
Community Member

I have added a new card 2x now, and no change to the frozen status, NOR can I see ANY cards on file. Site feedback is not good on this - I cannot tell if you actually took the information, nor can I force a charge RIGHT THEN, I have to "wait" till you maybe try again later, in the meantime I am locked out..........

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:frozen-account

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @CSJudd,

I'm sorry for the frustration you're experiencing with adding a payment method to your account, and thanks for reaching out to us. We'll be more than happy to help get your account out of frozen status.

However, as this is a public forum and your privacy is important to us, it's better to discuss your private account details via email. To discuss your specific account's billing status, please email support@1password.com from the email address registered to your Team, and include a link to this post so we can cross-reference and you won't have to repeat yourself.

Once you've sent your email, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that you get assistance quickly. :) Thanks in advance!

• CSJudd
    CSJudd
    Community Member

Hey Vee, Account got unlocked, but the original "nit" is still to be picked. There is no way to see what payment methods are on file, edit them, or have the system try again when a new one is entered. As stated originally, once the account is frozen, there is no way to know if the card I attempted to enter 2x took, or if another card - not knowing if the 1st one was accepted. If there is a problem, there is no feedback to the user in a frozen state. If I am ever able to enter a card AND know it took, then the system should re-process immediately to unfreeze and not some arbitrary "sometime in the next 24 hours".

Thanks Gang!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

There is no way to see what payment methods are on file, edit them, or have the system try again when a new one is entered.

Is this true even now that your account has thawed? When I go to Account menu > Billing for my personal 1Password Families subscription I'm able to see the card I added, when it expires, how I'm billed, and when I was last billed for my subscription. Is that not the case for you?

I am ever able to enter a card AND know it took, then the system should re-process immediately to unfreeze and not some arbitrary "sometime in the next 24 hours".

This would be ideal and we're looking into better ways to handle frozen accounts. My understanding is that the rate at which we try cards is determined by our payment processor, but we'll see what we're able to do on our end so we can reduce frustrations like these 8-)

This discussion has been closed.