6.3 "drag to anchor" window disappears after losing focus from 1Password mini (OK in main app)

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Hi,

After I drag, I do get the border, but when I click anywhere else, the whole window still disappears. Is there something else I need to do to make this work?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: families

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@JamesHenderson Works as intended for me. I'm on the same setup as you, except that I sync thru iCloud. After a slight drag, the window shows a standard Finder title Bar.

Also wanted to thank AgileBits for implementing this in an excellent manner.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@vplewis - I do get the standard finder title bar, but the window completely disappears after losing focus. I'll restart my Mac and see it that makes a difference.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

nope. still shows the same behavour after a retsart.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@JamesHenderson I think I've figured it out. I used the feature in the main App and it works as expected. I then tried using it from 1Password Mini and got the results you report. Looks like a bug report is in order. Meanwhile, try it in the main app and see if that works for you.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@vplewis ahah! ...yes, it works perfectly from within the main app (I was using 1Password mini) - well spotted!

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@vplewis I just updated the title to reflect what you found.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble. I find that the best way to keep the large type in place is to follow the next steps:

1. Open the item that you want to copy.
    2. Click on the anchor on the bottom left corner
    3. Click on "Large type"
    4. Drag the window somewhere

I might be mistaken but it sounds to me like you skip the second step, is this correct? Could you please try the steps I mentioned above and tell us if you're still having trouble? :chuffed:

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@JamesHenderson Upon further investigation, it seems that if you first anchor the 1Password Mini window, then drag the Large Type window, it stays visible. I noticed that in the release notes, AgileBits mentions that the Large Type window goes away if the App is locked. So that may mean letting the 1Password Mini window close == locking. I think we've covered all the edge cases, and this may be as-intended behavior. HTH

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@Pilar yes, that works perfectly. I did not realise that you had to anchor the main window in order to anchor the "large type".

@vplewis thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson I'm glad to hear it's all sorted out now! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions :chuffed:

@vplewis thank you for chiming in with good advice!

This discussion has been closed.